Tintin Forums

Tintin Forums / Official Tintin books /

Land of the Soviets: Will a colour edition be released?

Page  Page 1 of 3:  1  2  3  Next » 

SmartTintin
#1 · Posted: 18 Aug 2007 13:00
Is there a possibility of Tintin in the Land of the Soviets being published in colour in the regular 62 page format?

Any ideas?
Borschtisov
#2 · Posted: 18 Aug 2007 14:37
No, it decidedly won't be being published in color with the regular amount of pages; because Hergé never redrew or reformatted it, and Moulinsart themselves wouldn't edit the work or allow anyone else to.

So I'm afraid we're all stuck with the b&w version for good.

However there is a pirate (illegal) version of the book, where someone has colored the original frames and edited them into a 62-page format. I have a copy myself. I wouldn't be allowed to say where you could obtain it though.
cigars of the beeper
#3 · Posted: 19 Aug 2007 23:13
In September, Little, Brown and Co. Publishers are coming out with what appears to be a color, paperback edition of Land of the Soviets. I have pre-ordered this edition, and I will give you more information about this as soon as I receive it.

I will try to find more information for everyone.
jock123
#4 · Posted: 20 Aug 2007 17:26
The Little Brown paperback books were mentioned by Ed a little while back. The chances of Soviets being in colour is certainly nil, I'm afraid. Put it down to poorly written advertising copy.
cigars of the beeper
#5 · Posted: 20 Aug 2007 21:11
here is the data I could find on the upcoming Soviets in color:
Publisher: Little, Brown Young Readers
Publish date: Sep 2007
ISBN-13: 9780316003742
ISBN-10: 0316003743
Format: Paperback , 144 pages (from Walmart.com)

here is the publisher's description from Amazon.com:

Little, Brown is celebrating 100 years of Hergé with 3 titles never before published in the U.S. Join traveling reporter Tintin and his faithful dog Snowy, along with well-known friends such as Captain Haddock, as they embark on extraordinary adventures spanning historical and political events, fantasy and science-fiction adventures and thrilling mysteries. These full-color graphic novels broke new ground when they were first released and became the inspiration for countless modern-day comic artists.

Note how it says "Full color graphic novels". it would appear that the three new editions are: soviets, Congo, and alph-art, every one being in color, it would seem. as soon as I get it I will try to post pictures, etc. However, I have this little nagging fear that it might just be a re-print of the original soviets, which I already have.
SmartTintin
#6 · Posted: 20 Aug 2007 21:54
cigars of the beeper:

It says 144 pages, so this has to be a reprint in colour of the original 'Land of the Soviets'.

Even if 'Land of the Soviets' was not redrawn by Hergé, there is a high possibility of having it edited in the regular 62 page format in the near future. Since there cannot be any new adventures [at least till Fanny is holding his legacy], this is a good way to bring in the novelty factor.
Richard
UK Correspondent
#7 · Posted: 20 Aug 2007 22:05
I think the phrase "full-colour graphic novels" actually refers to the full series, not specifically these three books. This print is a paperback version of the black and white edition, recently reprinted by Methuen & Egmont.

SmartTintin
Even if 'Land of the Soviets' was not redrawn by Hergé, there is a high possibility of having it edited in the regular 62 page format in the near future. Since there cannot be any new adventures [at least till Fanny is holding his legacy], this is a good way to bring in the novelty factor.

I can't imagine the Studios Hergé would even consider producing a coloured version, since it was never designed as such, and Hergé himself chose not to redraw it or even keep it in print; he only reintroduced it in an effort to combat the counterfeit editions.
cigars of the beeper
#8 · Posted: 21 Aug 2007 00:03
well, all I can say is, I will let you know when my copy arrives in the mail.
sponsz
#9 · Posted: 22 Aug 2007 09:46
Yes Tintin in the Land of the Soviets and "Tintin and Alph-Art" are full color.
Harrock n roll
#10 · Posted: 22 Aug 2007 10:46
sponsz
Yes Tintin in the Land of the Soviets and "Tintin and Alph-Art" are full color.

Really? Have you some more info on this sponz?

Page  Page 1 of 3:  1  2  3  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot your password?
Please sign in to post. New here? Sign up!