Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin books /

Tintin and the Picaros: In defence of Tintin's trousers

Page  Page 5 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5 

Irish Kaulitz
#41 · Posted: 12 Dec 2009 10:15
Im okay with Tin Tin wearing bell bottoms but i prefer the plus fours because that's something that makes people remember him more.
Furienna
#42 · Posted: 27 Nov 2011 08:42
I think like this... You would hardly expect a young guy like Tintin to wear plus-fours in 1976, no matter how iconic they were for the Tintin character. Even though his new trousers maybe shouldn't have been jeans, I understand why the change was made.
Ginger_Tuft
#43 · Posted: 5 Dec 2011 09:22
I didn't really notice any of the changes. I borrowed 'Tintin and the Picaros' from a friend and read it in a rush. But they seem okay! Peace signs ftw. Maybe if Herge had lived long enough, we'd see more of those, and maybe get a glimpse into Tintin's interests. Maybe he's a secret hippie.
calculite
#44 · Posted: 8 Dec 2011 03:32
I think Hergé knew that Tintin was going to end soon. Also, in order to keep Tintin new, and not so old-fashioned, Hergé styled him in the clothes of the day. I prefer his plus-fours, but it's nice to see Tintin in a more modern light.
GSC
#45 · Posted: 10 Dec 2011 17:59
Ginger_Tuft:
Maybe he's a secret hippie.

I done't think so. It dosne't reilly seem like Tintin to be a "hippie".
calculite:
I think Hergé knew that Tintin was going to end soon.

I agree with that. Its most likly that he did change Tintin's outfit to the clothes of the day so Tintin woulden't get so "old fashion".
Tintinrulz
#46 · Posted: 11 Dec 2011 00:57
Which is kind of silly really, because having Tintin wear 70's flares only proved how timeless his plus-fours really were.
KiaraChang
#47 · Posted: 6 May 2018 09:09
To be honest, I like the jeans. It makes Tintin looks taller and more mature and even more handsome. lol. I regard it as a sign of Tintin gradually growing up.
Furienna
#48 · Posted: 19 Mar 2020 16:33
Tintinrulz:
Which is kind of silly really, because having Tintin wear 70's flares only proved how timeless his plus-fours really were.

Were they? It looked so wrong, that Tintin was still wearing them in "Flight 714".

Page  Page 5 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!