Tintin Forums

Tintin Forums / Official Tintin books /

Tintin in Tibet: problems with taxi details?

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

kirthiboy
#11 · Posted: 5 Dec 2004 11:03
The colour of the taxi had no relation to Haddock being dropped by the cow. He just missed it this time.

Actually, its not only the colour the model itself. The vehicle Herge actually drew is open from top whereas the indian taxis are Ambassadors. They are closed (permanently) from top. Thats what I meant!!!

However, the vehicle used could be of a private taxi service! Because if it was a normal taxi, the driver would have run the meter!
b_soumya
#12 · Posted: 13 Dec 2004 11:41
The number plates of all vehicles in Delhi start with DL, regardless of whether they are taxis or not. I spotted two more cars in subsequent scenes one had a WB the other started with E.

Herge's research in this respect was not as perfect as he would have liked it to be.
rrossk87
#13 · Posted: 5 Feb 2005 13:30
I think there's another mistake in 'Tibet'. If I remember correctly (I do not have the book at hand), you can see the Taj Mahal in the background when Tintin is in New Delhi. How is this possible? The Taj Mahal is in Agra which is a LONG way from New Delhi!
checkerbot
#14 · Posted: 9 Mar 2008 12:37 · Edited by: Moderator
can anyone really find out the answer.. what was the nail in the road doing.. when the taxi was in motion. ??? well it cant be a coincidence u know .. becuz herge wrote the books in such detailed fashion. its in page 9 last frame.

Moderator Note: Welcome to the forums checkerbot! Please note that we follow a policy of using upper- and lower-case letters, proper English spelling and other rules of punctuation.

The Happy Tintinologist Team
col gee
#15 · Posted: 19 Mar 2008 20:55
Checkerbot, it was just a red herring. The driver says "nothing will stop me now" as you see the car approach the nail. The reader is convinced that the car will drive over it and burst the tyre but it misses it. Ironically, the car then has to stop twice when the Captain gets something in his eye and then he loses his cap. Herge is just keeping the reader on edge and never quite sure what is going to happen next.
Dupondt
#16 · Posted: 19 Mar 2008 22:43
Haha I was just reading that last night, in French and was just wondering what it was in English. In the original, the French version that is, the driver says "Il faudrait vraiment que nous crevions une pneu", which means "We'll really have to burst a tyre!". A fairly common phrase much like "putting the pedal to the metal"

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot your password?
Please sign in to post. New here? Sign up!