Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin books /

Alph-Art: Compressionism and Expansionism

NikkiRoux
#1 · Posted: 22 Dec 2011 06:00
In the last pages of Alph-Art, Endaddine says that César is a compressionist and expansionist and that Ramó Nash would turn Tintin into an expansion. Despite his description on how they were going to do it with liquid polyester, I still have no idea what he's talking about.

What are expansionism and compressionism?
jock123
#2 · Posted: 22 Dec 2011 08:01
César Baldaccini was a real person, so you can find information about him and his art on-line.

Briefly, his compressions were objects which he took and crushed (for example a car); expansions used foam polymers, such as used in insulation and for buoyancy in boats, which he mixed, sometines with colours or metal flakes, and then allowed to flow out of their containers.

I think it may be an accquired taste!
NikkiRoux
#3 · Posted: 23 Dec 2011 08:53
Okay, thanks... I looked up his expansions on Google and I'm not sure what to think, but it makes me wonder how that was supposed to be done to Tintin...
GSC
#4 · Posted: 25 Dec 2011 01:30
I think its pretty creepy how they wanted to kill Tintin.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

|

» Login  » Password  Forgot your password?
Please log in to to post. No account? Sign up for one!

Online now: 3 guests and 0 members
Members online:

Most users ever online was 351 on 13 Oct 2014 21:14: 351 guests and 0 members

Load time: 0.071