Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin books /

Castafiore Emerald: TV report of Tintin's adventures

rodney
#1 · Posted: 10 Oct 2012 13:05
I find this very interesting on page 48.
On the bottom right panel the TV report provides key elements for the plots of Calculus Affair, Tibet and Castafiore Emerald respectively.
Perhaps this news report was meant to show the world the Adventures of Tintin, what a shame the 'Super Calcacolor' blew a valve!!

No wonder the Captain and presumably, Bianca & Wagner (should they know of Tintin's travels at this point) are surprised!

On another interesting note, the program which features this show - Scanorama also appears again at the end of Flight 714…
jock123
#2 · Posted: 10 Oct 2012 17:52
rodney:
No wonder the Captain and presumably, Bianca & Wagner (should they know of Tintin's travels at this point) are surprised!

As Castafiore was involved in Tintin's adventures before even Captain Haddock, why wouldn't she know of Tintin's travels...?

It's not like Tintin is secretive about the things he does.

rodney:
Perhaps this news report was meant to show the world the Adventures of Tintin

Remember, his first three voyages ended with huge crowds turning out to see him arrive back in Brussels; his adventures are the subject of books in his world just as they are in ours - even in the remote desert, a sheik not only recognized him, but could also produce a volume to show him.

You seem to be suggesting that Tintin is somehow covert or undercover in his activities, or leading a double life like Indiana Jones or Clark Kent/ Superman.
I noticed it before, when you indicated in another thread that there might be something odd or noteworthy about the possibility of Tintin holding a Tintin book.

Instead, why not think of him as a world-famous journalist, with a series of highly successful books to his name? ;-)
rodney
#3 · Posted: 11 Oct 2012 01:41
jock123:
As Castafiore was involved in Tintin's adventures before even Captain Haddock, why wouldn't she know of Tintin's travels...?

Yep, my mistake there! I forgot about her helping Tintin/Haddock in Affair..
We however don't know for certain if he directly confides to others about his travels. People would of course know about his moon adventures and other travels as he's indeed a famous journalist but he doesn't strike me as the type of person to talk himself up...

jock123:
You seem to be suggesting that Tintin is somehow covert or undercover in his activities

No, no, not at all! I think I should clear this up, I was simply identifying different parts of the book where I hoped Herge had given us some sort of surprise as a present for the reader! Just me sort of reading into the books hoping for something more I guess!

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!