Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin books /

Tintin and The Picaros: Do glaring mistakes show team at end of tether?

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

jock123
#11 · Posted: 6 Feb 2016 15:23
jock123:
Tintin is ... for once wearing a blue shirt,

Just leafing through some pictures, and I came to the sudden realization that a huge (perhaps the world's biggest?) example of Tintin also features a blue shirt!

The famous sign of Tintin and Snowy on the roof of the Lombard building, which greets so many visitors to the Belgian capital, when they arrive in Brussels at the Gâre du Midi next door, depicts the boy reporter with a blue collar; I think I'd probably been misreading the flash of blue as his famous jumper, but no, it's the collar of a shirt (his jumper is not depicted.

Just goes to show what you don't see when you look at something...!
BlackIsland
#12 · Posted: 31 Mar 2016 16:21
I also think as someone pointed out undertaking making a book of this magnitude is hard so continuity errors are going to happen.
snowybella
#13 · Posted: 16 Feb 2017 10:36
There is a very small, very minor mistake which I noticed: on page 34, third frame on the top, Ridgewell's headband is not coloured in. In the other frames it is blue, but in that frame it is white.
jock123
#14 · Posted: 16 Feb 2017 12:08
snowybella:
on page 34, third frame on the top, Ridgewell's headband is not coloured in

Like glashab's earlier example, that too is a printing error: my Casterman original French copy, and my Methuen edition, have the head-band correctly coloured; my later Egmont one has it white.

But a good spot - you're obviously reading the books closely! :-)

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!