Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin books /

Valuation: Le Lotus Blue 1947, black and white

stijnhaan
#1 · Posted: 18 Oct 2016 12:47
Dear all,

I was wondering whether anyone would be able to help me with the valuation of a specific Tintin album.

There is currently a small Tintin auction going on, where they are selling a piece in which I am interested. It is an edition of The Blue Lotus, in French, dated 1942. The album is in black and white and contains 125 pages. Four of these pages are in color.

According to the auction, 5000 of these books were printed.

The condition is okay; the cover and corners contain marks of wear and some marks have been lightly retouched with color. 6 pages contains small cracks, the biggest, as I can see, is 2 cm.

The album is not in mint condition, and I do not really think that buying such album is a real investment. However, as The Blue Lotus is one of my favorites, I think it is still a beautiful piece to own.

According to the auction, it is valued between 1000 – 1300 euro. I am just wondering, could anyone tell me whether this piece is indeed as rare as it is believed, and considering the fact that it has visible signs of wear, would such price be any reasonable in accordance to current market conditions?

Look forward to your response.

Kind regards.
smithers12
#2 · Posted: 3 Dec 2016 12:32
Interesting, are there any pictures?

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!