Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin books /

Tintin in Tibet: Shaky handwriting?

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

jock123
#11 · Posted: 12 Apr 2005 16:47
snafu
I doubt that there was shaky handwriting in that book. I have already seen two fonts for the Tintin texts, and Herge wrote the stuff in French.

snafu, if you had read the thread a little more closely, you might have noticed a clue in the use of “handwriting” throughout; the text of all the albums in the regular series, up to and including the release of Picaros was hand-written, by a cartographer named Hyslop. There was no “font” used for them.

The question has arisen because the hand-writing does vary in a few instances in Tibet.

Whilst an opinion is a perfectly acceptable thing, please don’t be so quick to dismiss the other board members and assume that they don’t know what they are talking about!
yamilah
#12 · Posted: 12 Apr 2005 17:02
snafu
and Herge wrote the stuff in French.

This assertion is quite true ...about Herge's original B&W albums.

Richard
Whilst the jury is out on the reason for the shaky lettering, the next question : when did these corrections occur ?

Thanks Richard for your interest about facts, and for showing them.
This 'shaky writing' could be quite relevant indeed if it were coming from Herge's hand, but as it does not seem to be the case, I wouldn't bother too much about it...

jock123
the text of all the albums (...) was hand-written, by a cartographer named Hyslop. There was no "font" used for them.

Thanks for this info. Actually this cartographer's writing is so regular that I always thought it was font!

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!