Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Hergé and Studio Hergé /

New Biography: "Hergé - The Genius of Tintin" by Raphaël Taylor [Postponed indefinitely]

number1fan
#1 · Posted: 30 Jan 2011 16:44
Hergé - The Genius of Tintin, a new biography of Hergé, by Raphaël Taylor, is coming out in October of this year.
This seems far off now, but the film will be out around this time :D.
jock123
#2 · Posted: 19 Oct 2012 18:18
Just had an answer to an enquiry I made to the publisher, and they regret to say that this book has been "postponed indefinitely" and won't be published in the foreseeable future.

That's disappointing I'm sure, but best to know, I suppose.
mct16
#3 · Posted: 19 Oct 2012 20:06
I don't suppose they gave a reason for this?
jock123
#4 · Posted: 19 Oct 2012 21:45
No, they didn't - the above bit in quotations is virtually all of the message I got; if I can get any clarification, I will pass it on here.
Abdullah007
#5 · Posted: 6 Oct 2014 02:27
Interestingly, Raphaël Taylor has also written an article in which he examines two particuar examples from Hergé's original draft pages of Tintin in Tibet (contrary to the regular contemporary analysis so often done on the final published albums themselves, as we read them). If the article is anything to go by, this biography could have been an interesting take on Hergé's life in relation to the series.

It was in a special edition of the European Comic Art journal on Hergé, edited by Matthew Screech (who himself has written elsewhere on graphic narratives and comics etc).

Raphaël Taylor, "The Artist at Work: Reading Originals in the Musée Hergé." European Comic Art 3.2 (2010): 189-207.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!