Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Works influenced/inspired by Hergé /

"Get Fuzzy": Tintin references in newspaper comic-strip

massive
#1 · Posted: 9 Jun 2004 05:31
I wonder if any of you read a daily strip called Get Fuzzy by Darby Conley?
I was just reading my collection over, and I noticed the many Tintin references throughout the book. The main character has been drawn reading Explorers on the Moon, the walls sometimes have Tintin posters on them, and once there was a strip set on the subway with one of the passengers being Captain Haddock!
I enjoy it when the artists reveal their interests through these references..

- Christopher
jock123
#2 · Posted: 9 Jun 2004 07:38
I’ve not, but I’ll book mark it, and keep my eye out. Thanks fo the tip! It’s on:

http://www.comics.com/comics/getfuzzy/index.html
miloumuttmitt
#3 · Posted: 17 Jun 2004 03:50
Oh yeah. Rob has a Tintin shirt on, there are Tintin posters, Haddock is on the subway, and another coincidence is that I borrowed a Get Fuzzy book from my friend Brendan (a Tintin fan), and in one comic (where Satchel is reading the French-Italian dictionary) The Black Island is on a shelf (I think).
jamie
#4 · Posted: 27 Jul 2004 18:20
There was an article on Darby Conley in this Sunday's L.A. Times, in which he credited the Tintin books as a major influence.
I've tried to copy the link but the L.A. Times is a subscription service. Sorry!

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!