Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / [Archive/read-only] Tintin Trivia Challenge /

Q180: Animal lover?

labrador road 26
#1 · Posted: 16 Apr 2007 19:06
This is probably really easy, but I can't come up with a harder one.

Snowy is Tintin trusted pet all the time, but for a short while Tintin also has another pet, sort of. Where does this occur?
Emerald
#2 · Posted: 16 Apr 2007 19:50
In the Broken Ear when he gets the parrot. Mr Balthazar's parrot, that is
jockosjungle
#3 · Posted: 16 Apr 2007 19:55
In Cigars of the Pharaoh, where Tintin befriends an elephant?

R
cigars of the beeper
#4 · Posted: 16 Apr 2007 20:21
On page 13 of "Cigars." Tintin is seen with a parrot in a cage which was sold to him by senhor Oliveira da Figueira.
Ranko
#5 · Posted: 16 Apr 2007 20:46
Help, I'm going mad...

I was actually going to suggest Jocko!
Balthazar
#6 · Posted: 16 Apr 2007 20:55
Jocko would probably give Tintin a wide berth after seeing the way he treats chimpanzees in Tintin in the Congo!

However, Tintin does take temporary care of Jocko's big cousin Ranko the gorilla in the last few pages of The Black Island. I'm not sure if that counts as owning him, though, which is probably a necessary factor in defining an animal as a pet. On that basis, I suspect that Emerald and Cigars of the Beeper's answers are more likely to be right.
labrador road 26
#7 · Posted: 16 Apr 2007 20:57
Oops this wasn't suppose to happen. I was looking for the parrot in Broken Ear which Tintin has as a pet for a short while.

Can't really say that the elephant will qualify as a pet, since it is not owned by Tintin.

The parrot in Cigars is surely bought and therefore owned by Tintin, although only for one frame. Sorry to say but that one slipped my mind.

I'm really sorry for messing this question up, but I would say Emerald and Cigars gets a point and Emerald is the one who gets the next question. If scorekeeper or Admin/Moderators think otherwise please step in.

EDIT: Balthazar posted as I was writing this, and it seems that my judgement on the elephant wasn't all wrong.

This topic is closed.