Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / [Archive/read-only] Tintin Trivia Challenge /

Q188: The complete set of places

tuhatkauno
#1 · Posted: 20 Apr 2007 08:48
Hi, I'm going to try something different although Jock'll hang me high if I mess up. But now I have a strong feeling I won't. Who knows, we shall see. :]

First I have to make some things clear. Tintin lives (Labrador road 26) in Brussels, Belgium. Captain and Calculus live in Marlinspike, Belgium. This is the presupposition of my question. And the town (Tintin's hometown) where many things happen is naturally Brussels. I don't think this will cause any problems.

Now I give you a list of places, in particular order. Two places are missing. Don't answer until you know them both. Of cource I'd like to hear an explanation, this is not a quessing competition.

1. Syldavia
2. ?
3. Szohod
4. ?
5. Marlinspike
6. Tapiocapolis

Give me the second and fourth place with an explanation and you'll deserve a point. And one more thing, this is a complete set, nothing can be added or left out. After 24 hours, if needed, I'll give one place more.

bye :)
labrador road 26
#2 · Posted: 20 Apr 2007 09:17
I believe the answers are:
2. Brussels (or wherever the Hippodrome theater is)
4. Somewhere in the Red Sea, aboard the yacht Scheherazade (had to look up the spelling)

And that the places named by you is:
1. Syldavia in car going to Klow.
3. In the Bordurian capital, at the opera house.
5. Dear old captains mansion gets invaded.
6. San Theodoros, mainly in jail and courthouse.

This should probably seem familiar to all forum members, places where the fabulous Milanese nightingale Bianca Castafiore shows up as depicted in the books:
1. King Ottokar's Sceptre (Bianca's first appearance)
2. Seven Crystal Balls
3. The Calculus Affair
4. Red Sea Sharks
5. The Castafiore Emerald
6. Tintin and the Picaros
tuhatkauno
#3 · Posted: 20 Apr 2007 10:52
Jag är imponerad! If I had a hat on my head, I would take it off, if I stood, I would bend on my knees.

The point and the turn is yours, Labrador. I thought, it would take more than the normal 5 - 10 minutes to solve the question this time, but no. Who are you all anyway? he, he
jock123
#4 · Posted: 20 Apr 2007 11:20
tuhatkauno
Jock'll hang me high if I mess up
I’d rather see myself as firm but fair… ;-)

This topic is closed.