Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / [Archive/read-only] Tintin Trivia Challenge /

Catch that quote!

Page  Page 23 of 27:  « Previous  1  ...  22  23  24  25  26  27  Next » 

Balthazar
#221 · Posted: 20 Feb 2009 09:41
Sorry everyone for breaking forum ettiquette by bumping a thread when I was the last person to post on it.

But, Cigars of the Beeper, I noticed that you've been on the forum posting on a couple of other threads in the last couple of days, without answering my latest stab at answering your quote. So I'm guessing you may have forgotten that you were the last person to set a quote to guess. Since the thread had dropped off the visible thread list, I thought it might be good to draw your attention to my guess again and keep the game moving

So, to repeat my guess to your quote, "So?... You are sure of your facts?",

is it the Japanese army officer talking to the American man Gibbons in the Blue Lotus, after Gibbons - hoping to claim a reward - has has reported seeing Tintin walking along the road?
cigars of the beeper
#222 · Posted: 20 Feb 2009 17:54
Right. Sorry-- I did not see that you had really made a post for something like more than a week. I must have missed a day and not seen your message. Carry on.
Balthazar
#223 · Posted: 22 Feb 2009 04:48
No worries, Cigars. Here's the next quote:

"Me?... Certainly not... how can I? I'm asleep!"

I'm away for the next two or three days, so in the interests of keeping the game moving, if someone's certain they've got this one right (ie: have looked it up to confirm), maybe they should go ahead and set the next quote without waiting for me to confirm it.
tuhatkauno
#224 · Posted: 22 Feb 2009 08:39
Salve Balthazar

The sleeptalker is Dupond on pg. 10 in Prisoners.

I'll be back with a new quote in a minute.
tuhatkauno
#225 · Posted: 22 Feb 2009 08:46
Here

"Yes, we apologise on demand!"

PS. If you know your answer is correct, please go on and set a new quote. I am very busy as well.

tuhandeeros :-)
cigars of the beeper
#226 · Posted: 22 Feb 2009 19:25
That's the Thom(p)sons in Explorers getting angry at the drunken Captain Haddock.
The new quote:
"I remember when we bought them, seven years ago...A bowl of perfect purlers!"
Mullergirl
#227 · Posted: 23 Feb 2009 21:51
That's in The Black Island, page 37, frame 8, when Muller's airplane knocks off the Thom(s)sons' hats.
cigars of the beeper
#228 · Posted: 24 Feb 2009 18:23
Exactly. Your turn.
Mullergirl
#229 · Posted: 25 Feb 2009 00:04
Okay, try to get this one:

"... perhaps it's the whisky..."
Amilah
#230 · Posted: 25 Feb 2009 02:41
Is that Haddock wondering about what hit him on the head, in the Crab with the Golden Claws ?

Page  Page 23 of 27:  « Previous  1  ...  22  23  24  25  26  27  Next »