Tintin Forums

Tintin Forums / Other comics /

Blake & Mortimer: Chronology inconsistensies?

c0dehunter
#1 · Posted: 29 Nov 2016 01:32 · Edited by: Moderator
Hello all,
I am at a loss here: You see, according to this page which lists the official chronology of the series, so I started at the very first story (Plutarch's Staff), which is supposed to be the very first one, but in the story there are references to previous stories (denoted with an '*', for instance, on page 26, the footnote says: "*See The Sarcophagi of the Sixth Continent"

How is this even possible, when The Sarcophagi of the Sixth Continent is supposed to have happened in 1958, and Plutarch's Staff in 1944?
mct16
#2 · Posted: 29 Nov 2016 13:48
"The Sarcophagi of the Sixth Continent" includes flashbacks to when Blake and Mortimer first met as young men in what I think was the 1930s. The footnote in "Plutarch's Staff" is a reference to that event.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot your password?
Please sign in to post. New here? Sign up!