Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Tintin's Little Book Of Peril

tintinmob
#1 · Posted: 19 Oct 2005 03:32
Just wondering if this book was rare here is the description off of ebay:

Hardcover book entitled, "The Little Book Of peril". This takes some of Herge's more imaginative dangers involving Tintin and Snowy and enlarges them so more detail can be seen and the artwork better appreciated. Each is accompanied with a small one-line joke, almost as if there's a voiceover in the background. The front cover has a world map showing where Tintin travelled on his various adventures and the back cover has the titles of the Tintin books and dates they were originally released.

Also is Little book of travels rare?

Thanks
jockosjungle
#2 · Posted: 19 Oct 2005 06:18
Both are available from the official Tintin site (or were until very recently I haven;t checked today). Fairly recent releases if I recall so not very rare.

Rik
Tintinrulz
#3 · Posted: 20 Oct 2005 09:05
I've heard of the Little Book of Calm but that's different. It featured in a Black Books episode (British comedy series).
Thompson
#4 · Posted: 29 Dec 2005 18:57
I have this book- and it's a waste of money. It is tiny- and only copies of pages from other Tintin books that have some peril in it.
Nothing new.
midnightblueowl
#5 · Posted: 16 Feb 2006 19:50
I think it's more of a collectors item than anything designed to read.
snowybella
#6 · Posted: 12 Dec 2017 00:39
I own both Little Book of Peril and Little Book of Travel. As far as I can tell, this book is fairly common, and when I bought it in the Tintin Shop (Covent Garden) last summer, there were at least 5 of each book on the shelf. They are very small (only 12.1 cm tall and 9.3 cm wide), and inside they have computer-coloured frames from the Tintin books, with remarks made by Snowy below the pictures.

The inside front cover of Peril has a small mistake: the map shown says Tintin in Tibet happens in Moscow and Katmandu!

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!