Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Valuation: Tintin and the Blue Oranges, English edition

waggamuffin
#1 · Posted: 27 Apr 2006 14:15
Curious about this as I have a French language edition I picked up new about 10 years ago, but the Harry Thompson Hergé biography mentions the English-language version is worth a small fortune - is anybody lucky enough to have a copy?
tintinuk
Moderator Emeritus
#2 · Posted: 28 Apr 2006 08:17
I have a copy of the book in English, which I picked up a few years ago for £25. I've seen copies on eBay sell for in excess of £150, though. I'm unsure about its true value, but it's definitely a lot rarer than the English version of the Golden Fleece film book.
edcharlesadams
Trivia Challenge Score Keeper
#3 · Posted: 28 Apr 2006 12:51
the Harry Thompson Tintin biography mentions the English language version is worth a small fortune

Forgive me waggamuffin but I can't find any reference to this in Thompson's book. The only mention he makes of Blue Oranges is the film version. He does make a claim about the worth of the 1952 Casterman English editions of Unicorn and Rackham though, is this what you're thinking of?

As has been said before, eBay is not a true indicator of value, but like Oliver (tintinuk) I have seen them sell there for around £150.

Ed
waggamuffin
#4 · Posted: 3 May 2006 14:23
Forgive me waggamuffin but I can't find any reference to this in Thompson's book. The only mention he makes of Blue Oranges is the film version. He does make a claim about the worth of the 1952 Casterman English editions of Unicorn and Rackham though, is this what you're thinking of?

You're right edcharlesadams although I only read the Thompson biography for the 1st time recently and thought he said something about the English language version of Blue Oranges as well - perhaps I was imagining it!

Out of interest how much is the biography worth? Also, what would be a reasonable price to pay for the English edition of -The Making of...Unicorn and Treasure?

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!