Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Tintin plates, cups and bowls made by Axis

bucksbantam
#1 · Posted: 2 Sep 2004 09:47
I have a few of these that I picked up in the early 90's. Does anyone have a definitive list of what was produced?

Is this still available anywhere to buy other than on ebay occasionally and what are the rough guide proces for the large plates and cereal bowls?

Many thanks.
leelee9000
#2 · Posted: 27 Dec 2004 18:17
I used to work for a company in San Francisco called Karikter that sold Tintin plates by Axis. Kariketer had catalogs of all of Axis's Tintin housewares. I believe Axis has since gone out of business, but Karikter may still have some of their pieces. It's a long shot b/c those pieces were very popular.
alderson
#3 · Posted: 14 Oct 2009 23:21
25 Aug 2012 18:43 - Merged topic:
Information needed: Tintin mugs and bowls by Axis

I have a coffee mug made by Axis, Paris which I recall being given back in the mid-1990s?: it has an image of Tintin holding a suitcase together with Snowy, repeated on either side. I seem to remember that there was quite a lot of attractive, high-quality Tintin-themed china around by this maker at the time. However, I've had no luck finding any similar pieces for sale now in 2009, or getting any information about availability or collectability of these Axis pieces. Does anyone have information about this merchandise and manufacturer?
eileen vannooijen
#4 · Posted: 30 Aug 2010 10:36
alderson
I too have some of the Axis china but it is long discontinued. The new crockery is no longer made in France as the Axis pieces were.
mmbrowne
#5 · Posted: 29 Mar 2011 14:15
I have also been looking for replacements to an Axis porcelain set (teapot, especially), to no avail. I did, however find this site that is selling some nice Tintin products. Not the same pattern I was trying to match, but still possibly useful to some of you.
MaquetteCity
#6 · Posted: 24 Aug 2012 18:23
Hi, I have a ceramic breakfast/soup (?) bowl produced by Axis.

It depicts a scene from The Blue Lotus around its circumference. I'm surprised to find virtually no info online about this series or even Axis!

If anyone is interested in buying it, just email me, I'd be happy to see it go to a Tintin afficiando.

Many thanks.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!