Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Wanted: Belvision series - Virgin releases

snowy11
#1 · Posted: 1 Dec 2004 08:14
Does anyone know where I can buy the Belvision versions of the Tintin cartoons? I used to love watching them as a kid and have been looking for them everywhere.... Also this was asked in another post but not answered, are the Virgin Tintin cartoons the same as the Belvision ones? If not then which other Tintin stories were done by Virgin, and where can I buy them?

--
[Post moved from Tintin in the media forum. Admin note: Welcome to our community, snowy11. Please use the Tintin Collectibles forum to post for sale/for trade/wanted messages. Thanks! :)]
Richard
UK Correspondent
#2 · Posted: 1 Dec 2004 13:14
The Virgin Video releases are the Belvision cartoons, yes. Belvision made the cartoons, Virgin simply released them in the UK (The Video Collection, Kaleidoscope and Lollipop Video did as well). They're all out of print (if that phrase applies to videos) but the best place to find them is on eBay.

There's generally a few on at any time - if you search for Tintin in the category "Videos: VHS/ PAL UK" (if you want UK releases), you should find a few. At the time of writing, there's a copy of "Black Island" and "The Secret of the Unicorn / Red Rackham's Treasure" for sale.

The Ellipse-Nelvana series was released by Lumiere, Mollin Video, Citel and Anchor Bay (in that order), so make sure that whichever you find are not those releases.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!