Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Information Wanted: Large Tintin bust

gaz1
#1 · Posted: 19 Aug 2014 12:29
I recently purchased this life size Tintin bust.

There was a similar one posted on this website a while ago, and it seems likely that this one was used for display in bookshop (possibly a French one), like the other one was said to have been.
It's very eye catching, so I can imagine it looked good in a shop window or would still look good.

From the look of my one, I would guess that it would pre-date the other one posted from 1991, but I don't really know. It wouldn't surprise me if it was from the 50's.

Like the other one, it has a wooden base but am unsure of what exactly the head is made of, might be hard plastic. It feels hollow, but at the same time has a reasonable amount of weight to it, but not overly heavy.

Until I purchased this, I wasn't interested in Tintin, although was briefly familiar with the animation series.

I'm looking to sell it, but if I can't get a price I'd be happy with, I'm happy to keep it, as it's a great item, which I think is unique or at least rare.

Some of the paint has come off the eye brows and one of the eyes (one eye looks large than the other), but lots of details and colours, right the way around the head, so I think it is an authentic one used for display, some time ago.

Any info would be welcome, even if it's just to confirm that the character represented is Tintin (I'm not familiar enough with the series to be sure of this myself).
But most of all, am curious of its era.
Feel free to make offers, if you're interested in the item. I'm based in South East England but if you don't live nearby, I can put the item through eBay.

Thanks

Moderator Note: Hi, and welcome. There were problems with the pictures you posted - only one of them seems to work, the others say that the images have been deleted, so the broken ones have been removed, and the remaining one turned into a working link.
Please also note that if you want to accept offers for the bust, you will need to give an e-mail address through which people can make contact with you directly; we find that this is the most convenient way of allowing sales or trades to take place, as we have no means here to facilitate sales or to intervene in case there are any problems on either side of a transaction. Until that is done we ask that no one makes an offer of or asks about buying/ selling the item (any such posts may be edited or deleted).

The Tintinologist Team
gaz1
#2 · Posted: 15 Sep 2014 20:07
Thank you for your edit, reply and guidance.

I can't find any more info about this and I've decided to try to sell it through eBay.

It's going live this Thursday, with the title "Large Vintage Tintin Bust on Plinth Base".

So if anyone wishes to buy it there, then they can.
Still, if anyone thinks they have any info on this, I'd be interested to know.
Thank you.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!