Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Valuation Wanted: "Flight 714 to Sydney" poster

Aquarelle
#1 · Posted: 18 May 2015 13:21
Hi everyone,
Over 20 years ago I purchased a poster of the last panel of Flight 714 to Sydney; I think it must have been printed in the 60's.
It's 79"x 29", absolutely fills my wall!!
I just got to wondering how much it might be worth? Any ideas anyone?
I can take a picture of it too if anyone wants to see,
Thanks!
jock123
#2 · Posted: 19 May 2015 13:40
There has been mention of this or similar posters in the past (here, for example), but it does seem to be quite rare.

Is it in two pieces or one single sheet.

As to a value, well, that's much harder to estimate - you are probably in a better position to provide information, as you have actually bought one!

Without any knowledge of how many were produced and how many survive it's really just guess work (it could be it is one of very few, or it could be that there are lots of them, but that people don't put them up for sale). I don't know if the large size makes it more or less attractive to collectors (it sounds nice to me, but someone else it might just be too big).

You might want to approach one of the big auction houses who do comics-related sales (do a forum search to get some names) - they probably are better placed to judge the saleability of something like this.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!