Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Tintin Model Cars: Atlas edition

Page  Page 3 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 

marsbar
#21 · Posted: 1 Aug 2006 03:59
tintin_nz wrote: Can someone give me links to buy these online if I live in New Zealand.

Hi and welcome, tintin_nz! The Tintin Shop in New Zealand sell a number of Tintin model cars; for shop contact details, please refer to our Tintin Shops Directory.
Mark A
#22 · Posted: 2 Mar 2007 20:54
Hi all together,
I just found out that the total number of cars planned for the Atlas series seems to be 60! For more info please look at: http://www.aquitaine33.com/atlas/index.htm
Is this source trustful? I don't know, at least it is the first info that makes this crazy hidden publishing of each car a bit more transparent.
Cheers from Germany,
Oliver

Well it's now saying a total of 70, currently at 64 (and I'm still a few behind at 58), hopefully it doesn't go much further as running out of space and money!
DonQuote
#23 · Posted: 6 Jun 2007 08:59
How can You remove the car from the pedestal without using destructive violence? I have the first one (just started to promote them in my country), but I can't get it off of the plastic plate.
SmartTintin
#24 · Posted: 4 Jul 2007 21:11
You guys are lucky to own so many Tintin cars. There's no store here that sells this stuff. I wish we had one in our country... Its damn expensive to order from elsewhere cos of high shipping rates...
sk123
#25 · Posted: 4 Jul 2007 22:25
Is anyone looking to sell their collection?
cornelius
#26 · Posted: 15 Jul 2007 19:16
I visited the Tintin store in Covent Garden for the first time last week and was surprised at how small the cars are. I have to say though there is something really special about them and it is one collection I would dearly love to own. I just wish they were more affordable. I can't see myself owning more than a few so I'll just have to cherry pick my favourites, one at a time.

How many of each car do Atlas produce? And does anyone know how long they are likely to remain readily available for?
cornelius
#27 · Posted: 24 Jul 2007 13:20
Well I've started something today that I probably won't finish. My first Atlas car arrived and I plumped for the Ford Model T from Congo to start my collection. I thought I'd better get that one first before some fool tries to get it banned!!!
Mark A
#28 · Posted: 21 Aug 2007 20:20
Just ordered a couple more, this will take me up to the first 66 cars, I see the list is now at 70. I really hope that is the end as they are quite expensive.

It is a bit disappointing they have decided to make so many, especially with some looking very similar, as the original press release when I started stated over 30, so assumed it was going to be just over 30, not just over double.
Jollywagg
#29 · Posted: 8 Mar 2009 16:01
Hello all,
I am a new collector of Tintin items. I was offered all 70 cars with certificates for Euros 850 plus shipping (40 Euros). Are these worth collecting? If people who own some of the cars share their thoughts on the quality, worth, beauty it would be greatly appreciated. It is a huge amount so want to make sure, I am not buying something tacky.
Cheers!
number1fan
#30 · Posted: 19 Apr 2009 17:11
Sorry if this out of your topic a bit but my fav cars by far are the two from Tintin in the Land of the Soviets.
The yellow Ford from Tintin Au Congo i love as well.But the jeep from Land of the Black Gold, Thompson and Thomson look like two homer Simpsons in the back but wow the detail.Mullier even has the oil markings on him.

Page  Page 3 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!