Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Identification Needed: Tintin model car

Nacity
#1 · Posted: 24 Jun 2017 07:35
I have a Tintin model car.
I'm thinking of selling it, but I don't know the price, as I can't find it on any site.
Maybe it's rare?

Here are some pictures of it:
Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3
Picture 4
jock123
#2 · Posted: 24 Jun 2017 22:56
Sadly, it isn't rare, so I hope you weren't pinning your hopes on making a lot of money...!

It's the Model T Ford from Tintin in the Congo, issued as number 3 in a series of seventy 1:43 scale Tintin-themed cars by the firm Axis. They have been reissued in a red box, but that doesn't seem to affect the price much.
As well as being found in shops, they were also sold (in the blue box) through a week-by-week magazine series, and I think the Model T was available as a promotion with that, which might explain why so many seem to be available second-hand.
Looking for a quick guide just now, I saw there are quite a few available on eBay, and searching on ones which had sold, the going rate seems to be somewhere between £8 and £12, give or take - you might get a little more if the box was perfect, you might get a little less if the condition wasn't quite so good.

Hope this helps!

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!