Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

For sale: revolving Moon Rocket bookstand

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

maestro
#1 · Posted: 30 Jan 2005 19:47
Hi,
I have a large revolving Tintin rocket bookstand that used to be used in a bookshop to display Tintin books.
I would like to sell it but am unsure whether anyone would be interested in buying it and have no idea what it is worth.
It is about 7ft tall and has sustained some very minor damage but is still in use every day. It has the Tintin logo around the top.
All advice gratefully received.
MoonRocket
#2 · Posted: 31 Jan 2005 02:02
Can you post a picture? I'd love to see what it looks like!
jockosjungle
#3 · Posted: 31 Jan 2005 10:05
Where do you live? It would definitely need to be picked up

Rik
Harrock n roll
#4 · Posted: 31 Jan 2005 13:27
I'm sure there are people who would be interested in buying it. If it was me I would be tempted to put it on ebay at a reserve price and have “buyer to collect” for delivery, unless...

...does it fly...?
rastapopoulos
#5 · Posted: 1 Feb 2005 12:24
It sounds like the same type of Moonrocket I bought my first Tintin books from. Im sure there would be a lot of interest for nostalgia reasons. It would be probably the best possible way to exhibit a full collection.
maestro
#6 · Posted: 1 Feb 2005 21:21
Thanks for all the advice.
Happy to supply a picture but unsure how to go about it. Is it possible to post it to this website in some form?

Had thought about using ebay- but have never used it so again rather hesitant.
admin
Administrator
#7 · Posted: 1 Feb 2005 22:17
Hi, maestro. If you have the photo uploaded somewhere, simply post a link to it. For more information, please refer to our user guide. Let me know if you need more help.
Harrock n roll
#8 · Posted: 4 Mar 2005 18:41
Came across this from the Publishers Group Canada. You can buy your own Tintin rocket display complete with 132 books.

Only $1973.40!
MoonRocket
#9 · Posted: 4 Mar 2005 20:22
Is that in Canadian currency? Still a lot in U.S. currency!!!
maestro
#10 · Posted: 23 Jun 2005 20:55
Have finally got round to putting this bookstand on ebay. Should be on within the next few days.
It's about 7ft tall, bright red and revolves! It has the tin tin logo around the top.
Check it out!
Only problem - it's very heavy and doesn't come to pieces.

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!