Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Seeking: Tintin model scenes or dioramas

mattnpegg
#1 · Posted: 7 Mar 2005 14:45
A few years ago someone was selling some Tintin based dioramas on Ebay. I can't remember much about them but I think they came flat packed and were designed to be made up so they were probably printed on card. When made up they were models of scenes, including buildings, based on one of the books. Possibly they may have been intended as playsets or displays for Tintin figures or vehicles.
Does this ring a bell with anyone? I'd appreciate any information as to who manufactured them. How many were produced? What they were officially called etc.
Richard
UK Correspondent
#2 · Posted: 8 Mar 2005 19:53
If memory serves me right, there were two cardboard sets produced by Esso (the petrol company) in 1972, I think, to coincide with the release of "Tintin and the Lake of Sharks" at cinemas. The two scenes were the underwater base of Rastapopoulos, and the villa that Calculus is living in. I'm afraid I don't know what the sets were officially called, though.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!