Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Tintin shop(s) in Paris

GurraJG
#1 · Posted: 23 May 2005 18:09
This summer I'm going to Paris (and Normandy) for the first time, and I thought that it would be good oppertunity to go shopping for some Tintin collectibles. I checked the shops registry here, and I was rather shocked to find that there is no official Tintin shop in Paris, only some smaller shops (by the way, the internet links are broken). So I was just wondering if any of you have any good suggestions for a good Tintin shop in Paris (or Normandy, even though I doubt they'll have anything there). Any help is, of course, very much appreciated!

-Gustav
Harrock n roll
#2 · Posted: 25 May 2005 11:42
Gustav, I have scanned a page from BDM - the French comic book guide - which contains lists of addresses of (possibly all) BD shops in Paris. I hope they prove useful.

And if you find any good shops on your travels which you think are worth telling us about let us know ;)
tybaltstone
#3 · Posted: 25 May 2005 14:17
That's a very useful page, Harrock!

When I was in Paris last, Saint Martin was one of the districts that had a good concentration of bookshops, most of them with a variety of BD.
GurraJG
#4 · Posted: 25 May 2005 15:14
Thanks Harrock. That page will proabably turn out to be useful.

-Gustav
Richard
UK Correspondent
#5 · Posted: 9 Jul 2005 17:48
I got back from Paris earlier, and was surprised by the amount of Tintin items around. A few of the postcard / poster shops have bookcover postcards for sale (one opposite the Centre Pompidou, for example).

There's a Swatch shop near the Louvre with the wall-clock version of the Tintin watch, priced at €160 - the wristwatch version is probably in there too. The address is :
Carrousel du Louvre
99, Rue de Rivoli
75001 Paris

Also near the Louvre is a shop called NOXA - Les Drapeaux de France which is a must-visit if you're after Tintin merchandise. It has an Espace Tintin, which means that it's essentially a mini Tintin Shop. They've got a really good range of products : statues, T-shirts, posters, a whole rack of postcards, mugs, watches, books and the like. The staff are really helpful and friendly, so if you visit the Louvre it's worth making a detour. The shop also stocks other figurines like Astérix and Le Petit Prince. The address is :
NOXA - Les Drapeaux de France
8-13 Galerie de Nemours
Place Colette
75001 Paris

If it's just books you're after, most of the bigger bookshops stock at least some of the albums. Fnac is an excellent store ; the branch in Les Halles carries all of the albums, some of the volumes of Chronologie d'un ouevre and a number of books about Tintin and Hergé.

Hope that's of some help !
toddly6666
#6 · Posted: 17 Dec 2007 12:50
I'm going to Paris soon as well,
Does anyone recommend any cool underground Paris collectables shops, with possible old/rare Tintin items? I'm tired of the same ol' European BD shop with all the same graphic novels and the same Tintin corporate statues and current plastic figurines. There's gotta be some cool underground nice Collectable stores in Paris which are different than the typical ones? Or at least something like a Forbidden Planet-type comic/toy shop?

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!