Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Tintin jumper

maxoflondon
#1 · Posted: 2 Jun 2005 16:00
I have a Tintin jumper bought from the Tintin Shop in Covent Garden. I've never worn it because the one size fits all is on the large size. I know it was expensive at the time but does anyone have a suggestion about what price to try and get for it? I haven't seen anyone else selling them on Ebay. thanks.
Harrock n roll
#2 · Posted: 3 Jun 2005 12:05
I was actually working at the Tintin Shop when these jumpers were still being made in the late 80s/early 90s. I was told that they were knitted by a team of old ladies somewhere down in Kent (I kid you not). I also remember that they couldn't keep up with the demand for them which - despite the £100 price tag - was very high.

I've never worn it

Very sensible...

the one size fits all is on the large size

Yes, they were also the type of jumpers which tend to grow until they completely cover your entire body. Horribly baggy...

I wouldn't like to guess what you'd get for it but I imagine that they're quite hard to come by in freshly-knitted condition.
jock123
#3 · Posted: 3 Jun 2005 12:43
Harrock n roll
I was told that they were knitted by a team of old ladies somewhere down in Kent

Come on Chris, admit it! It was you, in the back shop, with a pair of number 8 needles, some balls of wool, knitting away like Madame Defarge…! The world should be told! ;-)
Harrock n roll
#4 · Posted: 3 Jun 2005 13:40
It was you, in the back shop, with a pair of number 8 needles, some balls of wool, knitting away like Madame Defarge…

Most of my days there consisted of taking out Tintin T-shirts from the cupboard and unfolding them to show customers. Then folding them back up and putting them back in the cupboard, then taking them out...

I'm still quite a dab hand at folding T-shirts, just one of the really useful skills I picked up whilst there. Never quite got to grips with folding jumpers...

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!