Tintin Forums

Tintin Forums / Other works by Hergé /

Quick & Flupke: Egmont to publish in English

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Harrock n roll
#11 · Posted: 7 Aug 2009 19:18
jock123:
Rather than this being a case of there being two versions of the book, I wonder if this is in fact similar to that old Tintin and the Broken Ear/ The Broken Ear chestnut, where the advertising copy produced in advance has been made up using one title, and the book has been altered before going to press?

I think that's quite possible because we've seen the mock-ups covers they send to Amazon, etc. are often different to the finished article. To make things more complicated I noticed that the cover shown at the Eurobooks website (scroll down a bit) has "Full Sail" in the description and on the cover, but I guess that still doesn't prove anything. Unfortunately, Eurobooks won't ship the Q&F books out of India/Sri Lanka (otherwise I would have bought them years ago), but if anybody who owns them there would let us know....
Yak
#12 · Posted: 17 Dec 2009 01:21
Will these books be in Hardback or just paperback?

Mammoth published two of a Kind and Double Trouble and Popol out West.
Were these in paperback only?
daveahl
#13 · Posted: 28 Sep 2011 20:12 · Edited by: Moderator
Content removed by Moderator

Moderator Warning: This will have to be your final warning! We cannot accept your postings, as you have been informed before here and here, as what you are offering are pirate editions - the original books are in copyright, and to produce your own translations for sale without permission from the copyright holder is illegal (no matter where the money is destined to go).

We have an absolute prohibition on pirate material and information on how to obtain it, and would ask that you respect that. Please re-read the forum posting guidelines.

The Tintinologist Team

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot your password?
Please sign in to post. New here? Sign up!