Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Other comics /

Asterix and the Vikings: new film coming out

SingingGandalf
#1 · Posted: 22 Apr 2006 20:47
Hi
For all you Asterix fans out there, there is some good news. A new Asterix film entitled Asterix and the vikings has been made and will soon be released. The film book in french is available from amazon.fr, but I have seen no sign of an english one. Unlike the past two films, Asterix and Obelix take on Ceasar and Asterix and Obelix: Mission Cleopatra, it is a cartoon and not a live action starring Gerard Depardieu. The producers of the live action films were all ready to make a third live action - Asterix in Spain, but were denied the rights by Uderzo for some uknown reason. This new film is by a new company and is the 7th animated Asterix film. Some of those animations were based on Asterix books like, Asterix the Gaul, but others were based on combined elements from all the films like 'the 12 tasks of Asterix' and 'Asterix versus Caesar'. This new film is the latter. Also, there is talk of a 3rd company making another live action film.
number1fan
#2 · Posted: 25 Apr 2006 12:54
This should be brilliant there are no rubbish Asterix films so this one should be brilliant
SingingGandalf
#3 · Posted: 27 Apr 2006 20:09
To be honest, I don't think any of the Asterix animated films have been very good. The live actions, on the other hand, do have a certain charm. I think with the fact of improving animation, this one should be much better. I have not yet seen all the Asterix films though, so I cannot say all the animations are bad.
number1fan
#4 · Posted: 28 Apr 2006 14:47
The animation is not that bad dont put down these great cartoons down.
The animations aint that bad the 60's Asterix cartoons are just the same as the Bellevision Tintin ones
SingingGandalf
#5 · Posted: 28 Apr 2006 15:54
I don't really like the Belevision ones either! Anyway, heres a poster for the new film: URL
Richard
UK Correspondent
#6 · Posted: 28 Apr 2006 15:59
number1fan
the 60's Asterix cartoons are just the same as the Bellevision Tintin ones

... because one was made at the same time by the same company :). Belvision made the first film, Asterix the Gaul, without the knowledge of Goscinny and Uderzo - who were naturally rather surprised when they were invited to a screening! They learnt that the studios were partway through making a second film, Asterix and the Golden Sickle, which they immediately put a stop to. Goscinny-Uderzo then collaborated with the studios to produce Asterix and Cleopatra.

Personally I really liked The Twelve Tasks of Asterix and Asterix in Britain, but the other films seemed to lack a bit of charm and momentum. Mission Cleopatra was hillarious- not a very faithful adaptation, but a great film in its own right.
SingingGandalf
#7 · Posted: 28 Apr 2006 16:15
Belvision made the first film, Asterix the Gaul, without the knowledge of Goscinny and Uderzo - who were naturally rather surprised when they were invited to a screening! They learnt that the studios were partway through making a second film, Asterix and the Golden Sickle, which they immediately put a stop to

I believe that the duo where also rather against that film being released on VHS and so forth, as they didn't consider it an 'official' film. They wanted to pretend it didn't happen, as they weren't involved.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!