Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / The Members Lounge /

Star Trek: any series

cigars of the beeper
#1 · Posted: 10 Sep 2008 16:10
To be fair, in addition to things like Lord of the Rings and Star Wars (and Tintin of course), I also like Star Trek. My particular favorite series is Next Generation, but lately I've been enjoying Deep Space 9. I thought once that perhaps Jonathan Frakes from The Next Generation could play Captain Haddock, but I don't think he's suited to it. Anyway, I just thought a discussion about Star Trek would be interesting, so, let's see which people like it, which hate it, and who is indifferent to it.
Live long and prosper!
jock123
#2 · Posted: 11 Sep 2008 20:24
“Classic” Trek is the one for me, then DS9, Next Gen and so on. Actually I think most of the revivals and re-workings have been pretty good, and I am looking forward to see how the Classic re-boot movie (due next May) turns out.
Bordurian Thug
#3 · Posted: 12 Sep 2008 15:27
I suppose I prefer the original too. Next Generation has some fantastic things in it (like the Borg) but ultimately it's too preachy and like a Benetton ad for me: 'See, we can all get along, even Klingons!' I probably relate more to Kirk's unreconstructed masculinity too, although Picard is a fantastic character.

Oh yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing Sylar from Heroes as Spock too.
cigars of the beeper
#4 · Posted: 13 Sep 2008 14:13
jock123:
“Classic” Trek is the one for me

I'd like to see more of that, but the DVD sets are rather expensive. One thing that's cool about DS9 is that they even get along with the Romulans. I think, also, that DS9 is about as close as Star Trek ever got to Star Wars. Anyway, my favorite character from TNG is Geordi. I like when the big explosion-proof door in engineering starts to close and he waits until the last minute to roll under it.
Katherine
#5 · Posted: 19 Oct 2008 19:41
cigars of the beeper:
Anyway, my favorite character from TNG is Geordi.

I can't take him seriously! Whenever I see him my mind starts singing! "Reading Rainbow..."

I think DS9 is the only one I haven't seen at least one episode from. Me and one of my friends are both really into TNG and Voyager, and when we go sailing we usually end up singing Star Trekkin' really loudly and off-key.
Harpy
#6 · Posted: 20 Oct 2008 15:24
Sci Fi Cons are so fun..not only can you find a Tintin treasure you get to see/meet actors of Star Trek, I've met/seen the crew of the Enterprise, from Star Trek: Enterprise. Got Conner Trineer's autograph [and got a hug.]. Seen Leonard Nimoy. My Uncle [and to some degree, me] keep missing Patrick Stewert, would so love to meet him.

I'm a fan of all, but really got into Enterprise. My Mum is a big fan of the Classic series.
Katherine
#7 · Posted: 21 Oct 2008 03:51
You found Tintin stuff at a sci-fi convention?
Harpy
#8 · Posted: 24 Oct 2008 19:56
Haha, yes, but it was comic as well so maybe that's why?
Katherine
#9 · Posted: 26 Oct 2008 05:25
That would make sense.
cigars of the beeper
#10 · Posted: 26 Oct 2008 22:15
I would like to go to a Star Trek convention, but I've never had the chance.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!