Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / The Members Lounge /

US presidential election 2008

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

Dupondt
#1 · Posted: 3 Nov 2008 20:16
It seems a tad late to introduce this topic, but it's crunch time tomorrow. What do people think of the situation? Obama or McCain. All I know is that if I were American, and a few months older, I'd be voting Obama.
Captain Chester
#2 · Posted: 3 Nov 2008 22:44
Dupondt:
All I know is that if I were American, and a few months older, I'd be voting Obama.

Why?
mct16
#3 · Posted: 5 Nov 2008 20:34
You must admit it has been a great week for sons of immigrants and of mixed birth, two of whom have reached the summits of their professions: Hamilton in F1 and Obama in politics. Well done to them both.

(As a cynic though, I wonder how many voted for Obama in order to avoid voting for Palin?)
cigars of the beeper
#4 · Posted: 6 Nov 2008 00:37
I am an American, and if I had been old enough (I will be old enough at the next election) I would have voted for Obama, because I feel that we needed someone with different ideas than President Bush, as it seems his ideas have been ruining us. McCain wanted to take us in that same direction. He's just Bush with a different face. Luckily though, I didn't have to vote for Obama to become president.
tintinspartan
#5 · Posted: 6 Nov 2008 16:00
Well, i think he's going to change the world. Mr. Obama is really the next big thing in politics and i could sense that. Well done, USA. You have voted for a brighter future.
cigars of the beeper
#6 · Posted: 6 Nov 2008 16:16
Well, I hope that the world can be changed, and the world can be brighter. I guess Obama's election has made world front-page news?
Grey
#7 · Posted: 6 Nov 2008 18:52
Obama becoming President [Well, not really at this moment] is all over the newspapers here in England! The majority of us like him.
Dupondt
#8 · Posted: 6 Nov 2008 19:35
Well i'm still incredibly sceptical about american policies in general, or any kind of conventional politics to be honest. But Obama was clearly the better choice, in my opinion, at least he says he'll end Iraq. Time will tell i guess.
mct16
#9 · Posted: 7 Nov 2008 22:19
Optimism is all very well but it does not always last. I remember when Clinton was elected in America and Blair here in Britain. Major euphoria were soon followed by major disappointments.

Let's wait and see what Obama delivers rather than what he is expected to deliver.
IvanIvanovitch
#10 · Posted: 8 Nov 2008 00:12
I am interested to see exactly how Obama's administration will "change" America. If indeed it does...
As one of the lower bourgeois, I'm not sure whether to rejoice or immigrate.

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!