Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / The Members Lounge /

Current Japanese attitudes over WW2

doubleT
#1 · Posted: 7 Jan 2010 21:23
I'm well aware from "The Blue Lotus" and history about Japan's involvement in world war 2.

Now, I'm into all things oriental including anything Japanese(except what happened in WW2),so Ive always been wondering, what are the attitudes and views of Japanese people today about world war 2 and the real life events that "The Blue Lotus" is based on, were there actually some people in Japan who were opposed to the war and imperialist/militaristic practices of Japan at that time.

If any fellow Tintin aficionados can answer this, it would really help.

And while I'm on this subject, what is Tintin's popularity in Japan, concerting their treatment in "The Blue Lotus"
Tintinrulz
#2 · Posted: 8 Jan 2010 00:56
I have some Japanese friends. They're not Tintin fans but there are several Tintin shops in Japan. He's fairly popular there (although I imagine manga and anime take centre-stage).

I don't have any answer for your other question, sorry.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!