Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / The Members Lounge /

Asterix: 3D film based on "The Mansion of the Gods"

number1fan
#1 · Posted: 9 Nov 2010 14:28
Asterix: The Mansions of the Gods, first published in 1971, will be a live-action film due out in late 2011/ early 2012.

Wouldn't it be great to have Asterix and Tintin in the same cinema?
laloga
#2 · Posted: 10 Nov 2010 01:47
Do you have a source?
number1fan
#3 · Posted: 10 Nov 2010 07:53
jock123
#4 · Posted: 10 Nov 2010 08:01
That article seems to be saying it will be animated (for example, the bit where he says he doesn’t know if by 3D they mean it will be 3D animation, or if it will be a 3D experience, using glasses, and that he’d prefer cel animation), rather than another live-action film.
number1fan
#5 · Posted: 10 Nov 2010 11:19
I hope it is live action, because Asterix and the Vikings was awful.
number1fan
#6 · Posted: 3 Jan 2016 13:05
I have recently seen this film with an English (American) dub.
As a fan of Asterix the Gaul it's been a very long time since there was a decent Asterix animated feature-film, probably not since the 80's.

The last one, Asterix and the Vikings (2006) was, in my opinion, probably the worst in the series.

Asterix: The Mansion of the Gods is a welcome return to form, and it's very witty.

At first I was put off by the change in animation direction, but if anything it brings a new lease of life to a feature film series that hasn't really had anything interesting in over two decades.

I watched the English-dubbed version which features predominately American accents, which was problematic in Asterix and the Big Fight.

The voice acting here is good, but nothing like the films of the 80's in terms of British dubbing.

The animation was great and didn't feel too much like watching a video game.

This film has a lot of satire on capitalism in it, which is a much needed boost to the damp scripts of previous films.

Asterix: The Mansion of the Gods is a must see for Asterix fans new and old.
Becca
#7 · Posted: 2 May 2018 11:06
The biggest problem with Asterix and The Vikings was there was precious little Asterix (and Obelix) in it.
The artwork, score and voice acting is top notch. But focusing on justforkix as the hero was a massive mistake.

There is a uk dubbing of Mansions of the Gods with Jack Whitehall as Asterix. That's the one I've seen, and yes it is pretty good. The only quibble I have is Asterix participating in the fish fight, because it's not really in character for how Goscinny portrayed him. But then nailing Asterix's personality is something that's been pretty hit and miss since Goscinny passed away.
number1fan
#8 · Posted: 2 May 2018 21:18
Becca:
The biggest problem with Asterix and The Vikings was there was precious little Asterix (and Obelix) in it.

I really didn't like it I consider it the weakest of the animated films.

Becca:
The only quibble I have is Asterix participating in the fish fight, because it's not really in character for how Goscinny portrayed him.

I agree.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!