Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintinologist.org /

[Resolved] Help: home page display problem

admin
Administrator
#1 · Posted: 12 Nov 2005 23:22
Tybaltstone has sent in this problem report:
Every time I go to tintinologist I get an odd screen [view low-res screenshot in a new window], but when I refresh the page, it 'fixes' itself. I have emptied my cache, my history and all that, but it still does it. As soon as I refresh it's fine. Never used to happen. If I go into the actual forum section it all looks normal.
I'm on Mac OS 10.4.3 with Safari 2.0.2.

Is anyone else experiencing the same problem? I cannot recreate the problem - the home page displays correctly for me. Any feedback will be appreciated.
GurraJG
#2 · Posted: 13 Nov 2005 13:47
I also use Mac OS X 10.4.3. with Safari 2.0.2, but I don't get the same problem. I have tintinologist.org as my startpage, but even if I change it to apple.com, empty my cached and history, and restart Safari and then go to tintinologist.org it displayed correctly the first time. The only thing I can come up with is to run software updater and make sure you have the latest build of Safari, but it seems you do. Sorry I can't be of anymore help.

-Gustav
tybaltstone
#3 · Posted: 13 Nov 2005 17:57
Thanks, Gustav, that makes it interesting. It also possibly means it's more something my end of things than tintinologist's, so I'll delve further - time permitting - and see what I can find out.

Pressure's off Happy Tintinologist Team!

(Though anyone else with Safari 2.0.2 (416.12) can still report in...)
GurraJG
#4 · Posted: 18 Nov 2005 17:17
It may intreset you to know that I got this problem earlier today when I first started up Safari. It looks just like your screenshot, and when I refresh it, it turns normal. However, I can't seem to get it to do it again.

-Gustav

P.S. Is the site unusually slow today?
tybaltstone
#5 · Posted: 10 Dec 2005 12:21
Has anything changed on the site? Since this morning Tintinologist has been loading in properly straight away, without me having to refresh it to get the correct layout.
admin
Administrator
#6 · Posted: 10 Dec 2005 22:34
Nothing has changed on the site; but I am glad to hear that the mysterious problem has corrected itself! :-D

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!