Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintinologist.org /

[Answered] Is this site the Tintinologist Team's job?

number1fan
#1 · Posted: 23 Aug 2006 18:58
Is this website make any money or was it created from scratch i see it says Since 1994 do the moderators for this site get payed or is just a free domain or is it funded by moulinsart or the Tintin foundation ?
jockosjungle
#2 · Posted: 24 Aug 2006 19:23
I have no idea but I imagine it is a hobby for commited tintinologists!

Richard
chevet
Belgium Correspondent
#3 · Posted: 24 Aug 2006 21:10
First of all, this site was not funded by Moulinsart or the Hergé (not Tintin) Foundation but well by a few Tintinologists who are working for this site for their own pleasure.
As Moulinsart do not want anyone else earning money with Tintin on an Internet site, the answser to your question is very clear : we don't get a cent from this site created in 1994. (Except for Irene, the webmaster, the membership of the Team has totally changed since then).
admin
Administrator
#4 · Posted: 27 Aug 2006 04:55
The Cult of Tintin at Tintinologist.org is entirely non-profit in nature - it is a hobby web site run by a team of volunteers; it is not a money-making venture. We are not affiliated with Moulinsart/Hergé Foundation. All expenses associated with The Cult of Tintin (Tintinologist.org) web site are borne by me without commercial funding or input.

My team-mates and I do not receive any payment for the time and effort we put into this site; we are here because we are committed to building a reference resource for Tintin fans and because we enjoy interacting with other fans from all over the world.

I created the current site design from scratch, with advice from many helpful people. The site logo is an original work by artist, Garen Ewing, who is known on these forums as tybaltstone.
number1fan
#5 · Posted: 27 Aug 2006 19:52
I would just like to thank you on all yor time and hardwork without this website i would have no one else to talk about tintin thank you once again
jock123
#6 · Posted: 31 Aug 2006 13:05
number1fan
I would just like to thank you on all yor time and hardwork

Thank you!

As Irene and Chevet said above, we do this site in what spare time we can find.

This is one of the main reasons that we place such importance on things like abiding by the posting guide-lines and rules - the less time we have to spend on correcting posts and sorting out issues regarding the rules, the more time we have for fielding questions and answering queries. Members can help us considerably by taking care when they post - it shows courtesy not only to their fellow members, but also to the team, and especially to Irene for having shouldered all the site administration, without which none of this would be happening…!
IvanIvanovitch
#7 · Posted: 12 Jun 2008 04:50
Just want to thank the team for setting this site up and keeping it running! It's so great to connect with other Tintinologists, and this place makes it possible. You're awesome.

This topic is closed.