Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintinologist.org /

Tintinologist.org on Facebook

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

jock123
#1 · Posted: 3 Jun 2009 08:20
Hello everyone!

Just a quick word to say that there is now Tintinologist.org fan-group on Facebook.

This is a bit of an experiment. Initially it is just a sort of advert for the site, so that anyone searching for Tintin on Facebook will be able to see what we are about and find us.

If you're already a Facebook member, why not join up and show your Facebook friends what they are missing? Invite them to join, and let them know about all that Tintinologist.org has to offer!

A "benefit" is that if you join you will be able to see what your fellow members look like! You may also find that there are other Tintin fans in your area, and you might be able to meet and share your interest with them.

But what else can it do?

There may be other ways that tintinologists can use Facebook - ways which we haven't thought of. What would these be?

If you have any ideas about how we can use Facebook to help you, or for you to help us, do post them here, on our wall at Facebook, or drop a line to the special new e-mail address for this purpose:

facebook "at" tintinologist.org.

In the mean time, join up, post a link to your page, and tell your friends all about it!

Update: If you are here, welcome and thanks to Ben - our first real Facebook group member!!

--
Update 2: group closed in favour of fan page. Jan/2012.
Tintinrulz
#2 · Posted: 3 Jun 2009 14:04
Great snakes, what a good idea!
Just joined. My name's Christian J.
jock123
#3 · Posted: 3 Jun 2009 15:53
Tintinrulz:
Great snakes, what a good idea!

Thanks - the combined power of the moderators’ mighty brains sometimes come up with such notions, when the conditions are right and the wind is behind us!
Then we go and lie in darkened rooms with cold damp cloths on our brows ’til it passes…
Tintinrulz:
Just joined.

Welcome aboard and pass the word out!
number1fan
#4 · Posted: 3 Jun 2009 16:19
I just joined.
quiestce
#5 · Posted: 6 Jun 2009 12:51
Just joined too !
jock123
#6 · Posted: 6 Jun 2009 16:45
Thank you for your support, one and all!
laloga
#7 · Posted: 9 Jun 2009 04:21
Yay! I joined as well!
jock123
#8 · Posted: 20 Jun 2009 21:27
Thanks to one and all who have joined so far - your support is most welcome!

Being new to this Facebook-grouping malarkey, does anyone know the pros and cons of a group over a Facebook page?

I’ve set up a fan page as well in the Tintinologist.org name, and now I need to find out what features each offer, and how we can use them.
Anyone have any ideas?
tintinagalog
#9 · Posted: 22 Jun 2009 05:01
Yey! Just joined the group. Good thing I have my own Facebook account registered earlier. "Lailany Magno" is my file name there. Welcome to our world, fellow Tintinologists! Hope we can see each other soon... in pictures.
jock123
#10 · Posted: 16 Jul 2009 08:58
Things are progressing - we now have fifty members of the Facebook group! Thank you all for joining up! I'm still not certain where the endeavour will take us, but I think it's interesting to try!

There is slightly less movement on the Facebook fan page - nine people have joined that so far. I don't know if these are just less popular in general, or if it is because they are newer, but I'm still struggling to see why Facebook offer two such similar services, with marginal differences. The fan page seems to have a slight benefit in that messages posted on it show up on members' Facebook pages, and that there is a discussion board feature rather than posting on the wall - if these are of interest, check them out and see.

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

This topic is closed.