Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintinologist.org /

[Closed] Cigars of the Beeper: 1,000 forum posts?

rodney
#1 · Posted: 10 Oct 2012 14:17
Hi Tintinologist team!

Hope you are going well!
I was wondering if there was a glitch in the system as when I was checking the 'most active members' section I see the 'Cigars' is currently only on 999?
This is strange as he did make over 1,000 posts back in 2010?
Do you know why the statistics are showing something wrong here?

Thanks,

Rod

Moderator Note: More than likely the result of the occasional "house-keeping" we have to do, nothing more.

Some threads are closed and removed because of issues with content, sometimes they are deleted for having effectively expired (e.g. threads about eBay items for sale), some have to be removed if the poster has started a thread to which there are no constructive replies or possible answers, and sometimes threads which duplicate each other – or which cover the same ground – means that posts get deleted to allow a new combined thread to flow properly (especially if the same person has contributed to both).
Any of these reasons (and there may be more) will reduce the tally for any member who has posts which are removed.
Due to the fact that cigars has not been around much in the last couple of years, his total probably didn't get much higher than that.
Anyway, it's another reason we try to mark the passing of such milestones - we appreciate the contributions, even if for one reason or another they have been lost to the mists of time...!

The Tidy Tintinologist Team

This topic is closed.