Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

Summer 2008 - English colour facsimiles?

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 

We Are Detective
#21 · Posted: 7 Jul 2008 13:28
Hi, I'm a first timer, and thought I'd try and help here.

Received Fax copies of "The Black Island" and "Broken Ear" this morning from the Amazon @ £8.99 each,

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/1405240687/ref=dp_olp_2

and so far they look spot on. Hardcover, burgundy faux material spine and matt paper, but most of all, as the thread has said, original colourised artwork.
William
#22 · Posted: 27 Aug 2008 12:51
I'm a little disappointed that they arent a complete facsimile, such as on currency, they're not designed for a general audience, but for people who are genuinely interested in reading them as they first appeared in colour in English (I hope we'll see also b/w facsimiles soon too).

Otherwise, they have a nice feel to them, the texture of the paper and hardcover, so I will buy them. They're €19, so probably not all at once, maybe Black Island and two others to start with. I'll keep them safe, rather than shelve them with the ones I let my little brother read.

Another difference is in Cigars that Tintin in the Congo appears on the cover Salaam Aleikum has rather than Destination Moon. I wonder should there be a page on the tintinologist.org site listing such changes that are specifically carried thru to these ones (that was what led me here).
Buzzlightyear10
#23 · Posted: 12 Oct 2008 17:34
I bought Tintin in Amerca and The Black Island, The america version was almost exactly the same as the regular edition except slight colour differences so i sent that one back. however the black island facsimilie was amazing, i already love the artwork in the later edition but the facsimile was really nice to read.

I also cannot wait for the black and white facsimilies. I hope they release them soon.
gpathy
#24 · Posted: 7 Jan 2010 12:12
Hi, I stumbled upon this post and was excited about these editions. All six volumes are available now. I got them from Amazon.co.uk. These are fantastic editions. Lovely.

As you guys have said, the somewhat muted, matt finish is simply superb. Vintage Tintin.

Thanks for bringing this up.

This is the best Tintin book so far in my collection.
Snowy Rents A Dog
#25 · Posted: 8 Jan 2010 11:20
Hi gpathy

Thanks to your heads up I've ordered Broken Ear, Cigars and Black Island. Will probably pick up the rest if these are as good as people say.

Hello to everyone, I look forward to enjoying this forum.

Thanks!

SRAD
Spideristic
#26 · Posted: 30 Mar 2010 22:52
edcharlesadams:
worth getting if you're a completist who values the way these books used to look (with the exception of the new typeface).

Wait.. so these facsimile editions also contain the digital fonts? Thought these editions would be my last resort for getting the books with the original Hyslop fonts :(
jock123
#27 · Posted: 30 Mar 2010 23:40
Spideristic:
Wait.. so these facsimile editions also contain the digital fonts?

Yes, they do. Any new book issued from here on in is likely to contain digital text, whether it is something like the Companion or the facsimile editions. I’m afraid that the intention isn’t to replicate the look of the Methuen books, it is to produce a book more similar to the original French editions, which used slightly italic writing much like the new font.

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!