Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

"Unicorn" Movie: "Art of The Adventures of Tintin" book [WARNING! Spoilers!]

Morganson
#1 · Posted: 22 Jun 2011 07:51
Voxy says that Harpercollins will publish The Art of The Adventures of Tintin, a book about the film's art. The Dominion Post has the cover art.
jock123
#2 · Posted: 23 Jun 2011 14:56
Weta have written to us to let us know that the information about the book has been posted on their site, together with details of the special gift available to those who buy it direct from them - and I think you'll be delighted when you see what it is! It looks great!
atan1403
#3 · Posted: 17 Oct 2011 20:00
Got a (late) birthday present on Saturday: The Art of The Adventures of Tintin.

The book came together with a wallet that contains (surprise!) three parchments. Nice.

Don't know if I should read the book now, or wait until I've seen the movie ;-)

I only read into the "Characters" chapter. It’s great to see the development over the years (ok, I don't fully get the explanation why Tintin’s face has to be changed, but maybe after I've seen it on the big screen).

The Snowy photos/ pics made after the opening page of Crab are sooo funny. I wasn't aware, that Snowy’s size sometimes changed. Also the special "Hergified" figures are compared to a human.

Further there are "3D" pictures included from panels of a lot other Tintin adventures.
Definitely interesting to get into a lot of "why?" questions that came up with the movie trailers.
jock123
#4 · Posted: 20 Oct 2011 18:28
Empire Magazine has a selection of concept art images from the book up on their site - get a first look at some of the development.

[Broken link to Empire removed - page no longer available]
fixer79
#5 · Posted: 21 Oct 2011 13:00
jock123
Wow, that artwork looks amazing!
I sure hope my 'art of' book will arrive in the mail soon...
Tintins Quiff
#6 · Posted: 23 Jan 2012 13:35
I got my copy today and it's a gorgeous book with a lot of information throughout. Some art books seem to literally be just that - a collection of images - but this one has a lot to read up on also. So impressed that I had to add my two cents. 100% recommended!

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!