Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

Special Tintin feature in the Financial Times Magazine this weekend

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Tintinrulz
#11 · Posted: 2 Dec 2011 07:25
Balthazar
#12 · Posted: 2 Dec 2011 11:10
Thanks for spotting and linking this, Tintinrulz. That's a great article! He describes the power that Tintin books have on you as a child so well. And it's lovely to hear how diligent Hergé was about writing back to him.
luinivierge2010
#13 · Posted: 3 Dec 2011 02:36
A moving and powerful piece.
It is tempting to think that it was more than chance which allowed Herge's letters to re-emerge at this most crucial point on Luke's road to recovery, almost in the manner of a signpost offering encouragement.
Herge, in spite of his ever-present rationality, believed in the meaningful nature of just this kind of coincidence...
Luke Davies
#14 · Posted: 3 Dec 2011 03:25
Thanks Tintinrulz for beating me to the links. I'm happ the longer version is up. Note in the online version the photo caption incorrectly refers to one of the cards as being a panel from "King Ottakre's Sceptre"; apparently it's correct in theprint version. Also towards the end it refers to David Messer the cartoonist as giving the cards to the young girl - which doesn't make logical sense. It was one of the new editors who gave it. This must be a last-minute sub-editor's error. Annoying but what can you do? I hope you enjoy this....Luke
marsbar
#15 · Posted: 3 Dec 2011 07:11
Tintinrulz:
Look what I found on the online version of The Age (the Melbourne newspaper) ...

Hehe, and I found the same story in yesterday's online edition of The Sydney Morning Herald:
http://www.smh.com.au/photogallery/national/the-tintin-letters-2011111 7-1nkv6.html

Today's cover story in Spectrum, the arts and entertainment section of the printed edition of The Sydney Morning Herald, is "The Adventures of Tintin in Sydney: The famous penpal" - Author Luke Davies and his life-changing correspondence with Tintin creator Herge.
Low-resolution scan of today's The SMH front page:

Low-resolution scan of today's Spectrum's front page:
wooah
#16 · Posted: 29 Dec 2011 18:37
Wow, that's a great story Luke, and with a coincidence of Tintin-like proportions! Gave me goosebumps too.

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!