Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

Tintin and Psy: Article in the Huffington Post, 4th October 2012

jock123
#1 · Posted: 7 Oct 2012 14:54
I have to say that the whole “Gangnam Style” thing had passed me by, but it would appear that even Tintin is being drawn into it now!
'Tintin' Goes Gangnam Style?
Perhaps the article is a bit of a stretch, but it’s nice to see Tintin and Hergé being used in a positive manner for a change!

Note: Just saw from the URL that this is our 5001st topic - where does the time go?
Many thanks to all our contributors, who make the forums what they are! They would be literally nothing without you! Here’s to the next 5000 and beyond!

Simon
tintinsgf
#2 · Posted: 7 Oct 2012 16:46
While the analogy is rather forced in details, I can agree with the Tintin-Psy analogy in general. It might seem frivolous, but Gangnam style turned out to have a rather deep criticism towards Korean pop culture.

It is also ironic to notice that it is Psy who actually made it to be super famous worldwide without having plastic surgery or anything that Korean artists usually have to make them look cooler/prettier (well, more attractive in general). Other Korean artist who have the cool/pretty look might make it Asian-wide or further but they didn't have it the way Psy have.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!