Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Tintin: Things to do in Brussels & Belgium

Page  Page 2 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  Next » 

youngster
#11 · Posted: 17 May 2005 13:31
Hey, that's great guys, thanks. I'll definitely check out the Musee de Bande Dessinee, and see if I can get to the station with the murals.
sailor_jeremy
#12 · Posted: 5 Jun 2007 16:11
Hi lads and lasses,
I am going to Brussels for a day or so in a months time.Just wondering what you think is worth checking out(tintin related)?i know about the museum..but what other things are really worth seeing..thanks a heap
Jeremy
tintinspartan
#13 · Posted: 5 Jun 2007 17:08
Go to the Walibi Theme Park. They have some Tintin-related rides there
jockosjungle
#14 · Posted: 5 Jun 2007 18:14
If you've only got a day or so, stick to central Brussels, plenty to see.

I've got a map somewhere of various Tintin sites, not sure if you are able to buy one still from the Tintin shop.

R
labrador road 26
#15 · Posted: 6 Jun 2007 00:18
Go to the Walibi Theme Park. They have some Tintin-related rides there

No they stopped their collaboration with Moulinsart years ago, they don't have anything connected to Tintin at all nowdays.
OJG
#16 · Posted: 28 Jun 2007 23:07
Hey again guys, haven't been on here for a (long) while! I'm going to try and go to Brussels soon; are the Tintin museum and shop in central Brussels or further out?
jock123
#17 · Posted: 29 Jun 2007 22:15
OJG
are the Tintin museum and shop in central Brussels or further out?
Unfortunately the Tintin museum hasn’t actually been built, but you will find the Tintin Shop just off the Market Place, and the CBBD (the comic-art museum - which may be the one you asked about, as it does have some Hergé/ Tintin stuff) is located not far away: all in easy walking distance of the centre of town.
A bit further out is the Ethnographic Museum, where Hergé did research for some of his books, but it can be recommended as the tram ride takes you through the sort of suburb which Hergé grew up and lived in.
CalessaSSracer
#18 · Posted: 3 Jul 2007 04:32
My Belgium trip > URL
Enjoy but you need more than a day!
jockosjungle
#19 · Posted: 3 Jul 2007 20:16
It took me four days to see all Herge related stuff in Brussels, but that included a lot of the festival special events that won;t be there now.

I did do a lot of things though (went to find the fetish and the atomium and the Herge st) but I also walked everywhere from my hotel about 4 miles from the centre.

I also spent 2 hours hunting round for Biblio Herge which i saw on a sign in the outskirts and never found

Plenty of Non Herge things as well to see, Brussels is a lovely city

R
cafe_noir
#20 · Posted: 5 Jul 2007 00:12
Hi
I was wondering if it was possible to visit Hergé's studios in Brussels? And are there any other places of particular interest to a tintinologist worth visiting in that city?
Moved from separate thread
Moderator Note: you will find the answer to the second part of the question in this thread your question has been moved to - you might find it helpful to do a search before posting; the answer to the first part of your query is no, they aren't open as they now house the offices of the people who look after the Hergé estate.
The Tintinologist Team

Page  Page 2 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!