Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

What is your favorite frame from Tintin?

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

Captain Chester
#1 · Posted: 3 Oct 2006 04:25
Does anyone else have a favorite single frame? My personal favorite is the last frame of The Calculus Affair.
71N71Nfan
#2 · Posted: 4 Oct 2006 08:12
Are we allowed to have one frame per book? because I don't think I could pick a favourite one...

I like the frames in the moon rocket adventures that showed the landscape of the moon, or the rocket getting closer to the Earth so you can see all the mountains and stuff...

I also like the title frame for the Picaros; Tintin riding his motor bike to Marlinspike Hall with all that autumn scenery. I frequently use it as refernce when drawing bare trees and tree branches and stuff :D

But I could never pick a single frame, Herge has done so many memorable ones that it makes it almost impossible!

Happy huntings! it'll be interesting to see what everyone else likes ;)

-Em
birdbrother
#3 · Posted: 4 Oct 2006 08:45
That's a tricky one for my first post! I also love a lot of the frames in the moon adventures and I also always found the scenes from behind the waterfall in 'Prisoners of the Sun' really interesting. There's a beautiful kind of juxtaposition of the damp eeriness of the temple and the bright colours of the mummies and artefact's that are found. My favourite one single frame however, might have to be calculus' demonstration of 'savat' in 'Flight 714'. Just thinking about that frame makes me smile! Pocket watches, shoes and papers flying everywhere and a look of intense concentration on poor old calculus' face. If I thought about this really hard though, I could probably come up with an endless list!
lintondrums
#4 · Posted: 20 Oct 2006 10:26
My favourite frame has to be the one where the plane fly's over the rubber dingy what tintin and haddock is in. The frame is spread accross the entire page and shows lots of action. This frame can be found in the Crab and the golden claws.

from L B
deege
#5 · Posted: 20 Oct 2006 23:17
My favorite is the large frame towards the beginning of "Tintin in Tibet" in which Tintin has dozed off, then jerks awake and yells "Chang" in the crowded hotel lounge. It is beautifully rendered with exceptional detail. There are many other frames of similar quality, of course; really I favor it because it drew me into the books. I had borrowed "Tibet" from a friend (sometime in the mid-1970s) and that frame stopped me cold and made me realize that this was something special.
Danagasta
#6 · Posted: 23 Oct 2006 00:34
The one where Skut tells Tintin and Haddock that he refused to leave them behind. They could have killed him, but he stayed true to his friends, to what could have been the end. That still stands out in my mind.
Jordy
#7 · Posted: 24 Oct 2006 13:13
Well my first post on tintinologist.org! For some reason i love 'The Castafiore Emerald' - Page 13 - Frame 9. I love this pasrticular frame because it shows a great view of Marlinspike Hall (I adore Marlinspike Hall) and it's surrounding gardens.
Shaggy Milou
#8 · Posted: 26 Oct 2006 01:13
I suppose this is a little obvious, but any time he does one of those enormous, complex frames that take up more than half the page I get all goose-pimply. deege mentioned the panel of the games room in "Tintin in Tibet", and I also like the view of the Hippodrome stage in "The Seven Crystal Balls" when poor Haddock has the big fake cow on his head. Makes me want to pull a Roy Lichenstien and copy these pictures onto a huge canvas or something.
Harrock n roll
#9 · Posted: 27 Oct 2006 21:30
My favourite has always been the one in The Seven Crystal Balls of Haddock and Tintin driving back from the theatre in the rain at night (page 17, frame 3). I was pleased to discover when I got Chronologie volume 5 that the original ink of that frame had been blown up to fill a whole page - and it looks superb !
Starlight
#10 · Posted: 17 Nov 2006 12:48
Wow, this is tough.
Firstly, I love the half-or-more-page frames, like Shaggy Milou mentioned. They are lovely.

I like page 43, frame 3 of the Black Island because I have this fascination with castles!

Page 19-21 of Ottokar's Sceptre(if they're counted) because of the amount of information and detail Herge put into that brochure of Syldavia!

For some reason, I like the frames in which the Captain shows emotion(other than anger! :) - for example when he says he's willing to sacrifice himself to let Tintin carry on finding Chang, on page 40 of Tintin in Tibet. And page 42 of Prisoners of the Sun, the waterfall part.
It's just somewhat touching to see what a caring friend he is to Tintin, despite his aggresive, rugged external appearance.

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!