Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

If Tintin played an instrument what composer would he prefer?

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

tintin_in_arcata
#1 · Posted: 1 Jan 2007 00:58
I think that if Tintin played piano he would play Satie or Debussy.
Tintinrulz
#2 · Posted: 1 Jan 2007 06:29
I really have no idea since we've never even had a notion that he has a musical ear. It's pure speculation.
lintondrums
#3 · Posted: 7 Jan 2007 18:15
I think tintin would play the acoustic guitar and haddock would play the drums
tintin_in_arcata
#4 · Posted: 17 Feb 2007 03:04
I can also imagine the Thompsons playing matching accordions off key and Haddock yelling at them to stop.
TNT
#5 · Posted: 18 Feb 2007 11:48
One day I saw a picture of Tintin singing a song and Haddock playing an accordions...

Link to pirate material removed

Moderator Note: Unfortunately we've had to remove the link, as the image is a pirate copy, and we don't allow fan art or unofficial work; however, it was based on a design by Hergé which was used as a record sleeve for a disc issued by Casterman in the fifties.
The Tintinologist Team
castafiole
#6 · Posted: 22 Feb 2007 16:51
And so we see Tintin and Captain Haddock's guilty pleasure: getting drunk and singing loudly, while playing the accordion?

Now I think I need brain bleach...
indigoxstar
#7 · Posted: 19 Mar 2007 20:55
For some reason, I can't imagine Tintin with any other instrument except piano. dunno why. but I still think he'd rather listen to the music than play it.
KiaraChang
#8 · Posted: 7 May 2018 10:42
tintin_in_arcata
I would strongly like to imagine Tintin playing the violin, dunno why. Perhaps it's just that I play the violin and I love both Tintin and the violin very much.
But I don't agree with Tintin playing Debussy, though for myself I love Debussy especially his Violin Sonata. In my opinion I think Tintin would play fiddle rather than those classicals (though Debussy is not that classical comparing to Mozart, Beethoven, or Schubert etc) . It's the folk dance at the end of the book The Red Sea Sharks leave me this impression.
Shivam302001
#9 · Posted: 9 May 2018 19:54
Tintin mentions in the Castafiore Emerald that he can play the piano and loves to play it during his freetime.Also, he is good at singing as we see in Red Rackham's Treasure.
snowybella
#10 · Posted: 10 May 2018 02:42
Shivam302001:
Tintin mentions in the Castafiore Emerald that he can play the piano and loves to play it during his freetime.Also, he is good at singing as we see in Red Rackham's Treasure.

I don't remember Tintin saying any of that in my books - which page numbers are they?

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!