Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Tintinland: The imaginary theme-park

Page  Page 5 of 9:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next » 

finlay
#41 · Posted: 15 Sep 2004 17:35
jock123 wrote:
the guide-book quoted in the original post does point out:
Along the central avenue, leading away from the gates, you can look up at the full-size replica of the Captain’s château - it is the centre of the park, and contains the “Musée Imaginaire”.

Ah, right, I simply searched your post for the words "Marlinspike" or "Moulinsart", and didn't find them (this was after having read and promptly forgetting your exact words).
OJG
#42 · Posted: 15 Sep 2004 21:52
jockosjungle said:
Perhaps Tintinland could also have attractions from other Herge creations, Quick and Flupkes Funhouse. The Stratoship Plane Ride

Surely doing this would mean that it would no longer be 'Tintinland'?
jockosjungle
#43 · Posted: 15 Sep 2004 22:04
OJG wrote: Surely doing this would mean that it would no longer be 'Tintinland'?

Surely you wouldn't want Tintinland to compete with Jockoland? ;)

Rik
jock123
#44 · Posted: 15 Sep 2004 22:42
OJG pondered: Surely doing this would mean that it would no longer be 'Tintinland'?

Tintin is a benevolent character, who welcomes all of Hergé’s creations to his park, as a symbol of unity and diversity. Anyway, Tintinland may be named for the magazine, not just the character...

The Gopal connection suggests that Tintin and JZ&J exist in the same universe, not to mention that they all swanned about on that little island with the big billboard which decorated the rear cover of the albums until they changed to the lame cover gallery!
jockosjungle
#45 · Posted: 16 Sep 2004 09:05
jock123 wrote:
The Gopal connection suggests that Tintin and JZ&J exist in the same universe, not to mention that they all swanned about on that little island with the big billboard which decorated the rear cover of the albums until they changed to the lame cover gallery!

They also appear to be some kind of relative to Captain Haddock as they have his photo on their wall.

You could change the name of the park to Herge Happy Land!
jock123
#46 · Posted: 17 Sep 2004 13:58
Rik, I am just not sure your suggestion rolls off the tongue - it also has a vague association with “The Happy Eater”/ “Happy Meal” in my mind, which perhaps isn’t what we’d want.

I might go for “Hergé World”…

Anyway, it occurs to me that the notion I have is for something in N. Europe, but as Chris says elsewhere, the weather might not be the best. Does anyone think there would be a problem in locating the park in, for example, Spain or Portugal? Would it be acceptable?

My thinking is that much of the park will simulate desert/ tropical conditions; while you might get away with rain in a rainforest setting, it will spoil the illusion if the “mirage oasis” is full of water…
OJG
#47 · Posted: 17 Sep 2004 15:11
Why not have artificial environments like at The Eden Project?
jock123
#48 · Posted: 17 Sep 2004 17:15
OJG
Why not have artificial environments like at The Eden Project?

Well personally, although I loved the Eden Project when I visited it (it’s the giant botanical centre in Cornwall made of plastic domes, which featured as a villain’s lair in the last James Bond movie), I like the idea of being outside at the park. A dome would also impinge on the height of attractions – I mean the rocket is going to be big, even with forced perspective!

But practically I would imagine that if it was truly feasible to do it, then Disney would have done it at Paris...
jockosjungle
#49 · Posted: 17 Sep 2004 17:22
Totally unfeasible to dome the whole place.

Most parks have a season though from March until Halloween, so the weather won't be that bad.

Just make sure we charge £5 for Tintin Ponchos and have plenty of indoor stuff to do as well

Rik
OJG
#50 · Posted: 17 Sep 2004 20:49
Well, I was thinking it COULD be possible to make the rooves of the domes so super-duper high that no-one would really notice, but that's just getting silly methinks. It's difficult to think every aspect through sometimes; I just said what first came into my head! I think my enthusiasm got the better of me there.

I think that you are right, jockosjungle, about the seasonal idea. Other parks don't seem to have had a problem with that as far as I know.

Page  Page 5 of 9:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!