Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

How polite is Tintin?

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Ladybird
#11 · Posted: 17 Nov 2011 04:47
I like to think of myself as a polite person, but I think anyone who could spend any amount of time with Wagg and not start swearing at him should win some kind of civility award. So yes, in my opinion Tintin is very polite!
tintinophile691
#12 · Posted: 18 Nov 2011 05:50
Now how'd this end up in the News section?

I think he was quite rude to Professor Calculus the first time they met, with the "There's no time!". But then again, I suppose there wasn't much of an alternative.
Jelsemium
#13 · Posted: 7 Dec 2011 02:40
At the beginning of one of the books (Crab with the Golden Claws, I think) Tintin meets up with the Thom(p)sons. They both slap Tintin on his back, which annoys him. He waits until the detectives start to drink, then he slaps both of them on their backs and causes them to spill their drinks.
Ginger_Tuft
#14 · Posted: 7 Dec 2011 09:36
John Sewell:
Tintin gets rather stroppy on page 45 of Cigars of the Pharaoh when he's locked up in the asylum ("My soup? ...That's what I think of your soup!")

Hahaha well TEN POINTS FOR TINTIN! XD that wasn't exactly being rude, it's merely reasserting your sanity in a badass and strong fashion.

Jelsemium:
At the beginning of one of the books (Crab with the Golden Claws, I think) Tintin meets up with the Thom(p)sons. They both slap Tintin on his back, which annoys him. He waits until the detectives start to drink, then he slaps both of them on their backs and causes them to spill their drinks.

As above, the same. That's one great thing about him--he's a really nice guy, but mess with him, and he messes with you. In 'The Broken Ear', when the soldiers are chasing him, he steals their car and drives it away. Clever lad!
AngelofLight
#15 · Posted: 15 Jan 2012 00:37
Bordurian Thug:
Tintin is polite and respectful because he is essentially a Boy Scout. The only people he is uncivil to are gangsters. The rudest I can remember him being is in one of the books when he needs to use a phone box (how quaint) and there's a posh lady and her dog in there sheltering from the rain. He gives her a fierce look when she comes out.

I absolutely love that panel. I think that glare was well deserved! He can't be a saint all the time...
rose_of_pollux
#16 · Posted: 15 Jan 2012 00:56
I agree that Tintin tries to be polite--it's only when he's pushed to his limits that the kid gloves come off. The moment that comes to mind is when the Captain gets drunk in Explorers on the Moon and endangers them all--once he's rescued, Tintin gives him quite an earful, which does indeed subdue the Captain immediately.

Another moment I can think of is in Flight 714, when he goes along with Mik up until Mik orders him to abandon Calculus. Then, he (albeit mentally) snaps at Mik to go to heck (which shocks Mik--"Such a polite boy, I was thinking...!").

Tintin is only human after all--he has his limits.

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!