Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

TIntin in Madrid: A bizarre experience with a map and an old friend

MrCutts
#1 · Posted: 27 May 2012 23:10
Ok this is going to sound like something out the pages of Tintin. Of course it may not dependng on how you view this experience I have just had.

I found a letter from an friend that I once worked with years ago. She was Spanish. I had her full name so I decided to track to track her down using the internet. I found her on a business website and the information this site had for her said that she was a manager of a shop in Madrid. I then followed up this lead and searched for the shop. I found details of the shop and it is very near a street called Tintin and Milu. I couldn't believe what I was looking at on the map. Quite amazing that Madrid has a street named after Tintin and Snowy. Does anybody know when this street was named and how it became the Calle de Tintin y Milu (Tintin and Snowy Street)?
tintin1
#2 · Posted: 28 May 2012 12:23
Hey!

I just checked Google Maps for the street. It's really there!!

Thanks for telling!! :)

Moderator Note: So that others can follow in your footsteps, the link to Google Maps has been added.
The Link-tatstic Tintinologist Team

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!