Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Is it time for official new Tintin adventures?

Page  Page 5 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5 

mct16
#41 · Posted: 21 Apr 2010 14:09
tintinophile691:
Although they can novelise the original Tintin comics

Do they still write novels based on recently-released films? I know that they were common in the 1980s and that Alan Dean Foster in particular made a living out of them, but I assumed that they had gone out of fashion since home videos and DVDs meant that people could watch as oppose to read the movie or TV series.
Emdy
#42 · Posted: 15 May 2013 23:56
I personally would enjoy reading new albums. Maybe they wouldn't be as good as the ones by Hergé, but at least they would exist.

Still, I think people should stick to fan fiction. Hergé didn't want there to be new albums, and his wishes should be respected.
gorfdota
#43 · Posted: 4 Nov 2013 15:39
We'll never know until it's been tried. I'd love to read dozens of new Tintins, hopefully every bit as good as Hergé's.
Just think of all the places Tintin hasn't been to yet: the European side of the Mediterranean, Antarctica, Canada, Indochina, Siberia, Oceania, Scandinavia (meaning the peninsula), South Africa, etc.
Think of all the characters we'd love to meet again, like Captain Chester, or Müller, or Generals Alcazar and Tapioca.
It would not be considered quite canonical by many, but it would probably be better than quite a few of the original Hergé works (Soviets and Congo for sure).
I don't feel that Tintin himself would look awkward in a modern setting, but some of the other characters might seem a little strange.
Somehow, I can't imagine Calculus sitting in front of a computer, or Ben Kalish Ezab chatting on a cellphone. But it's still worth a try.
Of course, if Hergé himself had done another 25 or so Tintin books, we wouldn't be debating this quite so much.
anujnaik
#44 · Posted: 12 Oct 2015 16:21
Hello Tintin fans!
I searched the forums and did not find a topic matching the one I would be discussing here, so I posted a new one.
My main question is: "Should Tintin once and for all be resurrected?"

There are many Tintin fans like me who think that Tintin story must move forward and it should not be stopped to just what Hergé has written.

Tintin enjoys its own fan-following worldwide, and I think there is even more scope for a Tintin story now than ever has been.

For example, with revolutionary progress in science, Professor Calculus does make a lot of sense.

Also, with new problems in the world every day, Tintin can definitely have some interesting adventures and storylines.

There will be comparisions made with the 'new' Tintin and the Hergé's Tintin, but I think that Tintin should not just be stopped this way. He has to move forward from 1983.

What do you think?

Moderator note: Glad to see that you checked first, before starting a new thread: we appreciate the effort. However, the subject has come up before in different ways in several threads, and this one seems to be the most suitable as the new home for your message - have a read back through it, and you will see that there have been arguments made for both positions.

However, whatever the wishes of fans, at the moment the situation has been a firm "Non" from Mme. Rodwell, the widow of Hergé, who wishes to honour her former husband's wishes that there be no further adventures for Tintin.

The Tintinologist Team
MyDearWatson
#45 · Posted: 24 Aug 2016 20:55
I'd love to see Tintin being brought back! Although Steven Spielberg And Peter Jackson have been the most recent people to do so (and very brilliantly, I may add), I don't see why he shouldn't be brought to the 21st century (see : BBC's Sherlock). Some say it might not carry the charm of the originals, but how do we know that? Tintin deserves immortality :).
OptimisticTimelord26
#46 · Posted: 12 Sep 2016 20:53
I really would like to see a new Tintin series, just as long as they don't ruin it, like they did with Mr. Peabody and Sherman and Smurfs. Although animation has changed drastically since the 1980's, and it's unlikely that anyone would make it 2D, it would be cool to see Tintin in a style similar to the 2011 movie.
Perhaps this new series would even go into exploring Tintin's background or something. Maybe not as far as giving a full biography, but by dropping hints and easter eggs throughout the series.
I do agree with the statements about modern political correctness. It would be hard for someone to include Haddock's drinking in the series without it being rated higher than G. Again, I go back to the 2011 movie. Spielberg did a good job of including all of the original Tintin story elements, while not making the movie inappropriate or too violent. Actually, now that I think about it, Spielberg did make cartoons in the 80's. Maybe he could make a new Tintin series!
I think this generation could use a new Tintin series. Everything in television is either dumbed down to a point of dullness or made too inappropriate for kids. The comics had the perfect middle between the two, and I think kids would enjoy watching The Adventures of Tintin.
iluvtintin
#47 · Posted: 15 Sep 2016 12:10
Yes, it's time.
But sadly it won't ever happen, due to Hergé's copyright law.
He didn't want Tintin to be touched after his death, so that's why his wife Fanny and Moulinsart keep his word. Sadly as much I want to see new adventures of Tintin, no one can do it like Hergé did.
Tintin77
#48 · Posted: 28 Sep 2016 11:28
Yes I agree that the characters are unique to Herge. However, in my view there is scope for new books in the same vein as Lake of Sharks. In this regard, one could write a comic form book for Tintin and the Blue Diamond, the Golden Fleece, and the Blue Oranges. You could also recreate Alph Art in finished form rather than just raw sketches.

Page  Page 5 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!