Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

You know you're a Tintin fan when...

Page  Page 36 of 38:  « Previous  1  ...  35  36  37  38  Next » 

Pahk
#351 · Posted: 14 Jul 2013 16:23
You know you're a Tintin-fan when...
- you've tried writing Tintin-fanfiction and stopped because you realized it will never be as good as the original
- you think that someone who thinks the Thom(p)sons are twins, can't be called a Tintin-fan
- you have a mental breakdown when someone spells 'Tintin' wrong (i.e. Tin Tin, TinTin or something like that)
- you want to name your dog Milou
- you never get tired of watching the series
- you learn more French from reading the books (in French) than during the four years you spent studying the language in school

That's pretty much me.
call_meh_veronica
#352 · Posted: 17 Jul 2013 09:36
You know you are Tintin fan when:
- you say "Great snakes!" in the worst situations, "Blistering barnacles!" when angry, and "To be precise" while talking;
- you call every man with a bowler hat "Thom(p)son";
- opera singers remind you of Bianca Castafiore, and every deaf man of Cuthbert;
and, lastly,
- you don't believe it was Neil Armstrong who stepped on the Moon first, because we all know it was Tintin!
liempatricia
#353 · Posted: 21 Jul 2013 12:40
call_meh_veronica:
you don't believe it was Neil Armstrong who stepped on the Moon first

That's me! Did that just last week! I also answered "Professor Cuthbert Calculus" as the guy who invented coloured TV's, submarines and rockets! XD
(guilty!)
ImaSherlockian
#354 · Posted: 28 Jul 2013 08:53
You know you're a Tintin fan when:
You find out your friend has the Tintin theme as their ringtone and start calling them repeatedly while in the same room just to hear the music
ImaSherlockian
#355 · Posted: 17 Sep 2013 20:43
You know you're a Tintin fan when:
You keep thinking of songs that can be assosiated with one of the characters and/or adventure
ImaSherlockian
#356 · Posted: 17 Sep 2013 20:48
motheroftintin
motheroftintin:
You know your're too much a Tintin fan when you don't take aspirin, in fear of growing colour-changing beards and having them grow to an exaggerated level. (land of black gold)

this also happened when they went to the moon, remember?
marlinspike hall
#357 · Posted: 3 Nov 2013 23:20
You know you're a Tintin fan when you annoy your friends endlessly at lunch when everything they say you manage to somehow relate it to Tintin!!
marlinspike hall
#358 · Posted: 3 Nov 2013 23:35
And when your family wants to play a game and you suggest Tintin trivia lol 😊
liempatricia
#359 · Posted: 22 Nov 2013 14:24
How about this?
You know you're a Tintin fan when...you afraid to take a shot from doctors because you afraid that the shot was filled with Doctor Krospell's truth serum! (Happened to my little brother last week! XD)
hadtins
#360 · Posted: 2 Jan 2014 11:02
You know you are a Tintin fan when
-When you read each book of the series an infinite times
-Call out 'pickled herrings', 'jellyfish' etc. to anyone who so much as pushes you in school
-Make your parents mad for over two years in order to make them buy you a coat like Tintin's
-Plan from a month before how to celebrate Tintin's birthday, which flavour cake to have on his birthday etc.
-Relate all your lessons at school (history, geography, science, english etc.) with Tintin
-Think about Tintin the whole day
-Pester your parents to take you to Belgium
-Whenever you are out on road, you search if there are any Tintin posters anywhere
-Ask everyone you know about Tintin
-Include the word Tintin at least once in your essay in the language paper
-Try to memorise even the numbers of all the cars in each of the Tintin comics
-Dream of having adventures like Tintin, or of becoming an animator so that you can work on the next Tintin movies that come out
-Ask people if they'd allow me to draw Tintin on their doors
-If you want a Tintin shop next to your house
-Say Tintin's name out loud even while sleeping at night

Well, it's rather a long list, but that's what I do, and half the people reckon I'm mad, but I'm happy to hear that too.
Cheers for the happy tintinologist team :)

Page  Page 36 of 38:  « Previous  1  ...  35  36  37  38  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!