Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

The book of the Spielberg film

midnightblueowl
#1 · Posted: 12 Jan 2006 21:42
Hello
With a possible Tintin film by Steven Spielberg coming up, I was wondering if they would release a Film book like golden fleece and blue oranges or whether they'll just be a small book in writing, like a novel as I don't think that the live action Asterix films were created into comic style books? Someone will probably also make an actual comic strip out of it (unofficial of course)?
Richard
UK Correspondent
#2 · Posted: 12 Jan 2006 22:02
If there's a market, probably both I'd imagine. The film book is still a constant, there were similar ones for most recent family film adaptations, eg. Harry Potter, LotR, Wallace & Gromit etc. Although of course digital effects have replaced the Indian ink additions in the Tintin film books ;)

The Asterix live action films weren't made as film books (I don't think; maybe in France?), but the previous cartoon films were as prose with either new drawings (Twelve Tasks, Versus Caesar) or stills from the films (Big Fight, Conquers America).

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!