Tintin Forums

Tintin Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Ellipse-Nelvana: “Tintin and the Picaros” review

tintinspartan
#1 · Posted: 2 Apr 2007 07:43
Well, I've just watched Tintin And the Picaros VCD which I bought from a shop near my downtown district. The team from Ellispe-Nelvana did a great job in their adaption. In the book, Hergé definitely made a terrible mess-up with it, Tintin wore jeans, instead of plus fours, sports a sideburn and was unsportive.

But, in the TV episode, Tintin was 'his own classic self'. What I meant was he wore his classic plus fours, never had a sideburn and was adventurous. Instead of staying home when Haddock gave the word of heading towards Tapiocapolis. Tintin gave his concern and he said that he'll go along.

The timeline was one factor, in the Book, the Jolly Follies Bus was a 76' Renault while in the TV episode, the bus was a 55' excursion bus which was simillar to the airport shuttle bus in THE Calculus Affair. All the vehicles used are off 1950 era except for the limo and trucks which derived from the 70's.

Mostly, Nelvana made the cut of the Arumbayas and they edited parts of the storyline, one big edition was when Haddock lost his taste to whisky. He lost his taste during his stay at the Presidential Villa, not at Marlinspike.

Although the cut of the Arumbayas scence, it's a superb adaption episode, better than the book itself and trust me, it's a 5-star affair.
Tintinrulz
#2 · Posted: 2 Apr 2007 08:22
I totally agree. I was never a fan of the uncaring adventurer Tintin had become and the flare he sported in the book.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot your password?
Please sign in to post. New here? Sign up!